Big MTTs vs small MTTs vs 180 mans vs rush

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

I've always wanted to play MTTs but the problem is that I've always sucked/ran incredibly bad at them. I might however try them again sometime so I would really like some opinions. I am thinking about :

MTTs at pokerstars
      MTTs at FTP
      180 man SNGs
      135 man rush SNGs

Ok, so let's see... Pokerstars is probably the best site to play MTTs at. The trafic is good, the prize pools are big, if you final table them, you get niiice money. The only problem I see here is that they last ages. I probably won't have time to play 10 hours in a day during college.

The second option are MTTs at FTP. These should last a bit less, should be easier to final table but the reward would of course be smaller.

180 man SNGs are very fast, they only take a few hours which is perfect for me. These might however get a bit boring since they're the same all the time and there is probably a fair amoun of regulars playing them.

The last option are 135 man rush SNGs at FTP. These are sickly fast and fairly soft, but the problem occurs because I don't know how to play when antes come and my HEM HUD doesn't work well with them, so I lose a bit of edge until the FT.

I really am unable to decide what to play (yes, I should play what I play best or what I enjoy playing the most, but I really suck equally at these and enjoy playing them all).

Thanks,

SF
  • 4 replies
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      but I really suck equally at these and enjoy playing them all).

SF
      :D :D :D

i would go for rush
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      135 man Rush SNG are the softest I've ever seen, although I have not played MTTs on a regular basis. What you should do imo is play fairly tight before the antes kick in, just quickfold your marginal hands. The field isn't that big so when the antes start each player will have an idea of the others style of play (if they think about stuff like that). This is when you can use your nity image to start loosening up to steal what now is a pretty decent pot preflop. I've played over 100 of these and got a ROI of >30% (uninstalled PT3 and don't have exact stats) but I stopped playing them since I didn't have a safe BR. If you have like 100-150BIs you can grind them with no problem and make decent money as the payout structure is really really good imo. This is because when you reach the FT most players just play crazy tight (get blinded out) or maniac shove every hand. And here you also have stats, so it should be a lot easier for you.

Good luck!

PS: I might have some recorded Rush tourneys but I think I didn't cash in any of them. Still, I could share them if you are interested. :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I think I'll give them a try. If I lose more than 50BI I'll move back to FL :D . I have more than enough BI to play them ;) . Is there a FTP academy challenge that I can complete at these?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I wouldn't play any of them unless i can multitable massively (24 tables) and/or can stay for a few months on the red.