w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hero:
      $22.8
      BU:
      $25.63

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , 3:club:
      CO folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.75, BB folds, BU calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.75) T:diamond: , 9:spade: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BU raises to $6.00, Hero raises to $12.00, BU calls $6.00.

Turn: ($29.75) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero raises $8.05 (All-In), BU calls $8.05.

River: ($45.85) A:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $45.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (Qd Jd)
      Hero shows two-pair, nines and threes (Kc 3c)

Hero wins with two-pair, nines and threes (Kc 3c)

This guy was raising a ton preflop (>50%). If someone raised before him he'd just 3bet instead. He tightened up a little in response to a 3bet but not huge amounts. He is likely folding his utter trash and calling with anything remotely speculative.

When he raises from the button I decide to 3bet light. He calls, I cbet the flop to exploit his weak pf range. His raise on the flop doesn't make sense to me with a showdown hand. If he /does/ have showdown equity, most of the time it is weak showdown value so why bloat the pot further? Either he is semi-bluffing, pure-bluffing, or he folds his showdown value to further action. (Sometimes he has an overpair or 2-pair, or a set, but much less often given his pf range, general probability, and the way he is playing). I rebluff, potentially comitting myself with bottom pair. He calls. The 9 is a good card, it complete no draws, allows me to rep a 9 (even though he is probably comitted, you never know), and makes it more likely my bottom pair is ahead. I shove, villain calls.

Now, I'm not saying this is well played on my part. (In retrospect if I'm going to attempt a big bluff I may aswell shove the flop, rather than risk pricing him in for a call, (unless villain knows this and may view the min 3bet as stronger)

If you take into account my /actual/ 50% equity on the flop and 56% equity on the turn it was indeed well played. I did honestly think I may be ahead a reasonable amount of the time to draws. There was a measure of logic in my decisions so I stand by the fact that this is not as spewwy as it initially seems, although I cannot guarantee it is +EV by any stretch of the imagination (against his range that is. Against his actual hand it is definitely +EV).

Just a little fun for me. I really just post these so you guys pay off my Aces next time you see me at a table. EEEEEE-awwwwww.

Stay tuned,

w34z3l

PS the title is just about me watching some of "the big game" episodes on pokerstars.tv. Entertaining stuff.
  • 10 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      tl;dr

And why did you post this hand in General poker discussion? I'm just going to assume the whole post is about the hand and there is actualy nothing to discuss though.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      tl;dr

And why did you post this hand in General poker discussion? I'm just going to assume the whole post is about the hand and there is actualy nothing to discuss though.
      Shrug. I just posted it for entertainment value.

I apologize if you didn't find it entertaining or can't read etc. It doesn't suprise me in the slightest.

w34z3l
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Occasionally players may like to analyse hands in an attempt to consider deeper concepts regarding the game. Unorthodox situations, tough spots, etc to help them improve. For others it's just about making money, proving that they are better at hitting on the river than everyone else, and making themselves feel important.

Who am I to judge? But thanks for your input.

w34z3l
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      I don't see anything to be proud of about this hand.

Yes you have some balls but you happened to force the right play from your opponent on each street. Against a loose fish who calls every 3bet your counter-strategy is to 3bet with K3s. When opponent can have anything from an overpair, a set, 2 pair, a SD, or a FD on that flop you chose to 3bet bluff.

And as I said opponent happened to make the perfect play on each street. You really should not be so proud of making this happening.

If I played this hand as you did I would just take the lucky money and walk away silently instead of posting an entire thread here justifying the moves. And I wonder if one of villain's 13 clean outs, say a J, fell on the river, would you still post the hand as "hand of the day 2".

And yes watching too much high stakes is bad for YOU. If that's the point of the thread then sorry for the misunderstanding.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      It's called hand of the day because it's interesting, not because it's necessarily played well. I even say that it is probably not +EV against his range in my post. It /was/ however +EV against his hand.

Nowhere did I say I was "proud" of the hand. I just thought I'd post my thought processes, along with an amusing hand.

Slighty wish I hadn't now. Think I will keep my hands to myself in future.

Bottom line is, no-one really gives a toss anyway.

w34z3l

Ps, good luck y'all with your abc tag. Fuckers. :f_cool:
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      I think posting this hand with your thought process is ok if you want to =) Forum is about sharing.. So you shared..

but Hahaownedlolz's reply wasnt offensive at all and you still replied to it in very arrogant way.. =)

That makes one feel like you are arrogant .. and .. hmm actually i dont know where im going with this.. its just im drunk..
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I'm an arrogant SOB who waits for 27o to 4bet bluff preflop and then go and brag about it on a forum where no-one gives a fuck.

Yeah, that's right.

I also have I-dee-ten-tee syndrome.
      Oh and.....

{x} Thread closed.

Kthxbi
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I guess forums just aren't my thing. You can't check-raise forums.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      very poorly played. you're either getting it in against a draw in which case you have somewhere around 40-60% or against toppair/two pair/set/overpair in which cus you're crushed. And no his flopraise wasn't exactly a bluff from his side since he had more equity than you did.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Thread closed as requested.