monitor question

• keithnolan
      keithnolan
      Bronze
      First post, so sorry if its a silly question!

I currently play 4 tables tiled on my laptop and that is making the tables the smallest they will go. If i buy a larger 22" monitor will i be able to fit 9 tables tiled or will that all depend on my graphics card/laptop?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • 11 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I believe the main factor is your screen resolution, but I'm no expert. There should be loads about this on google.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      I believe the main factor is your screen resolution, but I'm no expert. There should be loads about this on google.
      and what screen resolution your graphic card supports...
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Originally posted by viewer88
      and what screen resolution your graphic card supports...
      unless you have ancient graphic card :D
    • Kikser1214
      Kikser1214
      Bronze
      if your lap top is not older then 5 years you good,
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Definitely check the screen resolution.

I recently bought some 1920x1080 22" monitors for under US$150 shipped from TigerDirect.com. These fit 12 Full Tilt tables with no overlap.

Most modern graphics cards support 2 or more monitors, as does Windows XP or later. If you use a desktop, strongly consider using at least 2 monitors. Even if you play on one monitor, and have the lobby, database, browsers, etc. on the other monitor, it is a big improvement over having other windows pop up over active tables.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Most modern graphics cards support 2 or more monitors, as does Windows XP or later. If you use a desktop, strongly consider using at least 2 monitors. Even if you play on one monitor, and have the lobby, database, browsers, etc. on the other monitor, it is a big improvement over having other windows pop up over active tables.

this is actually how most of us grinders play... Players having 2 monitors rarely play on both screens.. since It just makes your eyes tired and serves no purpose..
    • keithnolan
      keithnolan
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for your help everyone, I think I'll go with the 1920x1080 22" you suggested Pzhon
      Bronze
      Tiled is for wimps..

Stacked FTW. I can probably play on a nintendo DS!!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8979687
      Tiled is for wimps..

Stacked FTW. I can probably play on a nintendo DS!!
      I'm actually willing to take a bet with you that you can't play on a nintendo DS...

Both have it's pros and cons.. Personally I play Tiled with a little bit of overlapping.. I seem to get a lot of information on my opponents and feel for the tables...

But when I'm trying to put in a lot of volume I stack the tables.. this way we can get a lot more volume and multi table easily up to 12 tables (thats untrained me... I understand a lot of grinders can easily play 16 tables =) )
      This way I have no idea what opponents I'm playing, except the regs, I have no clue what the table dynamic is... but instead we have a lot of volume :)

But yea just wanted to throw my two cents in here before every beginner starts to stack their tables because 897- said it was good :D
      Bronze
      HAHA

well I will most likely change my tune when I get up to the higher limits but at the lower limits
      stats are enough to know if the table is tight or not in general. And its easy to just slide a table
      out of the stack to watch the action and get a read.

I usually tend to take my notes once there are fewer tables as Stacked or not the action gets pretty fast
      when everything is in full swing.

When I have 200 hands on someone their hand count turns red and when I see them in a hand and I fold
      I just slide out the table to see what they are up to. If I see something noteworthy I just mark em and note em.

But for people who tend to dwell on how their all ins turn out I was a huge one at this, and get tilted by
      suckouts stacked can really help you get used to making a decision and moving on.

Prop bets on wether its possible on a modified DS?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      A DS with an emulator for pc games.. I think that would be a first ^^

FWIW I play stacked, if I tile I get 9 tables on my screen with a lot of overlap (max 4 without any overlap) so that kinda sucks :p