This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] blinds battle

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $98.71
      BU (Hero):
      $50.00
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB:
      $52.41

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB raises to $5.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $15.50, SB raises to $50.25, Hero calls $34.50.

Flop: ($100.5) 7, J, 5 (2 players)

Turn: ($100.5) J (2 players)

River: ($100.5) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $100.5.

Villain is VP:23/PR:18/AFq:59/3B:11% over 20,000 hands

I 4B because of his 11% 3B.
      Once he shoved what should I do?
      Vs AK/JJ+ I have 34% so I think I'm ok here calling because I have to call 35 for a 65$ pot.
  • 5 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

AQs is too strong to 4-bet/fold and too weak to 4-bet/call.
      => Call 3-bet ip imo with good playability.
      Once you 4-bet so big you are commited as you stated but keep in mind that you are nearly always a big dog, if not crushed by AA...
      I'd 4-bet it to 12-12,5$ to keep my bluffs cheaper.

What did he have? AK?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Anin,

Call 3B IP is an option but against villain that 3B light I think the 4B is the best option.
      My 4B size was probably not the best indeed.
      Do you 4B to 12.5 to fold to a shove?
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      As I already stated I don't want to 4-bet/fold. (Sometimes I push AQs for myself, but calling a shove is a different thing.)
      So I wouldn't 4-bet in the first place. But 12,50$ seems good for a 4-bet with bluffs as well as with AK, JJ+.
      I know your problem: You just saw his high 3-bet value and 4-bet with a decent hand, but when he shoves you are a dog nearly always.
      So you have to think about this BEFORE you raise. You have to have a plan i your mind what you do if villain does this or that...

Hope it helps.

P.S.: Btw., it's not a blind battle.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think raise/call pf is fine, but you can always 4-bet and get all-in
      If he is really aggressive he should shove there quite wide range thinking you´re 4-bet bluffing enough times to make shove profitable
      So instead of putting in 30% of your stack I like making 12.5$ 4-bet which says (I´m bluffing, please shove your AT)
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Ok I undertsand your points guys.

I have to think about my plan before - I try to but on this one I have to say I didn't and as you said I saw his 3B value and just 4B wo really thinking.

Cool, thanks for the help.

@ Anin : he had AK
      @ Anin for the PS. Indeed not a blind battle. you are not missing anything! :evil: Thx