[NL2-NL10] KJ nl10

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Calling with KJ oop is kinda...loose/stupid but you see the guy's stats...I think any top pair was good for a showdown with him. Maybe I should have 3bet to isolate him but I didn't want to make the pot so big preflop, plus I can't call a push, and he is capable of it.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.70
      BB:
      $12.57
      MP3:
      $3.50
      CO:
      $5.16

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , J:spade: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.10.
      MP2 folds, MP3 checks, CO raises to $0.45, BU folds, Hero calls $0.40, BB calls $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.80) J:club: , 2:club: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.12, BB calls $1.12, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.12.

Turn: ($5.16) T:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $3.59 (All-In), Hero calls $3.59, BB folds.

River: ($12.34) 5:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.34
  • 3 replies
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hard spot vs these type of guys.
      I kinda avoid playing vs more than one of this type because they can have anything. Overpair, any 2random pairs or w/e. So it s very hard to play against all 3, and KJ is a marginal hand
      When u play against them you need to show the nuts because they can put you in a lot of tuft situations and you can make a lot of mistakes.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I play mostly HU cash and SNG so some of this may be way off but here's my opinion:

I'm leaning toward a preflop 3bet here. He's opening a HUGE range that you're well ahead of and it would be good to isoate him.

As for calling a shove I guess it's an odds decision based on how loose he could shove. If he's spewing like crazy JK is ok to call with IMO. If he's flatting or folding most of his range it's an easy fold.

Calling preflop is ok too but looking at BBs stats and MP3 posting even though he's BB next hand it looks like it will be multiway, which makes it a little harder to play.

Being OOP with 4 in the pot makes it pretty tough here but i'm always willing to get my stack in vs CO on this flop and the turn doesnt change much in that respect.

I'd opt for a checkraise as I think he's cbetting almost every time. If it was a rainbow i'b be very very temptd to check/call him down cos that's what I do with maniacs but with the possible flushdraw and 4 runners I think the protection is necessary
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by bradomurder
      I play mostly HU cash and SNG so some of this may be way off but here's my opinion:

I'm leaning toward a preflop 3bet here. He's opening a HUGE range that you're well ahead of and it would be good to isoate him.

As for calling a shove I guess it's an odds decision based on how loose he could shove. If he's spewing like crazy JK is ok to call with IMO. If he's flatting or folding most of his range it's an easy fold.

Calling preflop is ok too but looking at BBs stats and MP3 posting even though he's BB next hand it looks like it will be multiway, which makes it a little harder to play.

Being OOP with 4 in the pot makes it pretty tough here but i'm always willing to get my stack in vs CO on this flop and the turn doesnt change much in that respect.

I'd opt for a checkraise as I think he's cbetting almost every time. If it was a rainbow i'b be very very temptd to check/call him down cos that's what I do with maniacs but with the possible flushdraw and 4 runners I think the protection is necessary
      This mostly.

I'd call preflop if I had KJs because then I really don't mind seeing a 3-way flop, but KJo is a lot weaker multiway so it probably has more value out of position if you isolate the crazy guy. If he 4bets no big deal, just because he will sometimes doesn't mean he won't just call the vast majority of the time (unless he's batshit insane), so even if you fold KJo to a 4bet it's fine.

Hope it helps.