Is it worth to play poker for fun if you have very limited time?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Hello,

I haven't played poker about half a year. I want to play it again, but sadly I don't have that much time. Maybe I would, but I am to tired often on workday evenings to play my A game/study, so I say I ave no time.
      I have only time on weekends. So totaly let's say about 5 hours/ a week. Because on weekends I also want to do other things eg. socializing. In those 5 hours I also must study poker. The problem is in so little time I will not have a wolume. And what if the downswing like this: A few words on Downswings hits me? It will take forever to get out of it.

So maybe there is no point to play poker just as hobbie if you have limited time?
  • 5 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

If you enjoy poker, play it. Making serious profits with this little volume is probably out of range though. So if you want to play it for fun, do so, but if you're planning on making profits... Well, of course it depends on how high stakes you are planning to play, but don't expect to make a fortune ;) .

Best regards,

SF
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Five hours per week for a fun hobby? Yes, obviously! :f_biggrin:
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I am just a micro limits player. If I could beat high stakes, I would probably find much more time for it :)

Now I don't want some serious profit, but when I play I want to have at least little positive winnings. But even if pros who play much have such long downswings, so I am afraid I will never get out of such. Of course it is chance that I will have the same long upswing but in reality those upswings are rare (probably because of overconfidence at you game :D )
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hmm, if you're good enough, downswings are way rarer than upswings actually - you are on a lifetime upswing anyways :P . Since you play micro limits you should not really care if you lose or win a dollar or two. Just improve your game and enjoy poker and the results will come too!
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      i'm playing less than ten hours a week. started with a $60 bankroll. current bankroll stands at $400. its worth it as long as you enjoy.