[NL2-NL10] TT nl10

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Fold on the flop? Bigger raise on the turn?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6.97
      MP2:
      $13.33
      Hero:
      $9.95

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:diamond: , T:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.00) J:spade: , 2:spade: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.00) T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.00.

River: ($6.00) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.07 (All-In), Hero calls $4.07.

Final Pot: $14.14
  • 4 replies
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      I would play it the same way due to his stack and his stats, maybe raise a little bit big on the turn because fishes allways plays for their draws :p and Axs is def. in his range.
      On the flop you have the right odds to call his minraise
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Agree,on the turn I make it around 3.50 other than that it's fine.

I also call the river but i'm crying and saying "I knew it" if he shows the flush which he often will
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bet bigger on the flop. Even tho we have 2nd pair we're still betting for value on that drawy a board. Plus it makes people somewhat less likely to screw with you if your bets don't look so weak. $0.65-$0.70 looks better.

When he minraises who knows, he looks somewhat tight but he might be capable of raising some draws or random overcards sometimes so I don't mind calling to find out what's going on. It's never a mistake to fold that since if you're wrong you're 2-outing at best and if you're right he's still drawing live to a flush/straight with or without overcards and all, that's a ton of outs for him/bad cards for you to continue on.

When he bets the turn so small we're of course value-raising big, it's often a blocking bet with some Jx or a draw, and contrary to tags, the fish don't fold when you raise their blockbets. I'd just raise close to pot, maybe slightly less so the stacks aren't super awkward on the river.

On the river hard to say, sometimes I call sometimes I fold. Here you called the flop on the off-chance he was minraising a draw, then he blockbet/called the turn which again looks very much like a draw, and then he donk jammed a flushing river into you. I think I'm very inclined to folding unless he's shown before that he could turn random made hands into bluffs, willingly or not.

Hope it helps.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I didn't think he's raising a flushdraw on the flop with just 2 AF but it certainly wasn't out of the question. On the turn it did look like a FD and then on the river even more. But I called and he had AJ.

I posted the hand cause it just felt so wrong...