This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 88 steal from BU

• NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Global
      Are there any possible bets? I know that 88 stand not so cool against 7% of his 3bet spectre, but we got position. Can it help us somehow?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.14)
      BB ($28.61) 21/18/2.5/28/3bet 6.9
      UTG ($42.91)
      UTG+1 ($24.30)
      CO ($53.24)
      Hero ($48.58)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BB raises to $2.75, Hero calls $2

FLOP ($5.60) T:spade: Q:spade: 4:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($5.60) T:spade: Q:spade: 4:diamond: 2:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($5.60) T:spade: Q:spade: 4:diamond: 2:spade: K:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks
  • 3 replies
    • KittBizi
      KittBizi
      Gold
      fold PF. It's nog +EV to call 3 bets OOP w small pocket pairs. If I do decide to play this hand because my opponent is aggro or whatnot, I would play 4bet/call.
      But in this scenario(=4bet/c) ur hoping he will have AQs+ vs which we are just a coinflip.

In the current situation I would probably play ch/fold post flop (like you played it).
      Or bluff the river, because when he doesn't cbet this flop or turn he most likely has a small pair himself(77-88-JJ ...).

When he hits a draw or a TP on the flop he would definitely cbet so we can exclude draws + top pair kinda hands from his range which means he has a weak made hand with some showdown value that he might fold sometimes if we bet big on the K river.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I would Fold to his 3B.

You can probably take a shot on the flop which hits ok your range (AT/AQ).
      If you face resistance give it up but you might take the pot down straight away.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think call with 88 ip is fine
      I would likely b/f turn, although you can also check it down
      Just you give AK 10 or even more outs to improve and once you bet yourself you don´t have to worry that he´d bet river too often