$3.90
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $10.10
      UTG2:
      $6.72

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.35, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.35, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.55, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $1.20, MP3 calls $1.20.

Flop: ($4.8) 6, K, 4 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.80, UTG1 calls $2.80, MP3 calls $2.80.

Turn: ($13.2) 3 (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $5.75, MP3 folds, Hero calls $5.65.

River: ($24.6) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $24.6.
      Results follow:

UTG1 shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(K A).

UTG1 wins with a pair of aces(A A).

utg range can only be a aa/set or a complete bluff, I believed he wanted to bluff a straight, or had a hand that had no other chance to win then pushing.. could u fold it?
  • 5 replies
    • twinn1
      twinn1
      Black
      I think the fold is good. Check/call on the flop and lead the turn looks very strong and i don't think he would bluff in 3bet spot often. But it would be easier with any info on this player. Hard decision but my opinion is that you can wait on better spot at NL10 where is many fish.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      better spot? u mean play aa kk only?
    • twinn1
      twinn1
      Black
      No i don't. But without reads i think it's hard to say what is the best move. I think that better player will not play OOP AK. So if he ship turn in 3 way pot in 3 bet spot i think that you are behind. But that is just my opinion.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think many new players overlook the fact that it's incredibly tempting for UTG to just call with premiums when there is another player left to act behind him. Do not discount these just because he didn't 4-bet, as that alone makes it a lot more likely that he's got a big pair rather than some random hand.

If UTG is tight I usually just check back that flop, because either:

- he's got something like QQ-TT, he's 2-outing against me and it's more likely he pays off bets on later streets, so there is no hard in not c-betting.

- he's got AK/KK+ and we're splitting/dead, so going broke as soon as possible makes no sense. He'll lead the turn with those hands very often, which are about the only hands a tight player will lead there, so I'm actually folding on the turn even tho I have TPTK it's just not enough.

The fact that the pot is 3-way changes some things and yet it doesnt. If MP3 is a tag he'll have a pocket pair or some whiffed medium cards connected suited hand, if he's a fish he's have a bunch of everything which we're not really worried about with TPTK, at least not enough that's it's worth committing against UTG's range right on the flop for protection against MP3.

If you don't know that UTG is tight then c-betting is okay, there is more value in betting against the potential MP3 fish if we're less likely to be dead against UTG already. The turn is really damn close, as UTG's range for leading there into 2 players when everybody looks committed is godly strong. Frankly if you don't think he flats the squeeze with AK, it's just a fold. If it's possible he plays AK like that, calling getting 3:1 is fine as there are still 6 possible combos of AK out there, as opposed to only 4 combos of KK+.

Hope it helps.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      it was rush, if this guy is a 12/9 with low AF i fold turn, but this had no stats, and when he called the pre 3bet I though its AK or TT JJ QQ, KK and AA they used to raise preflop, like min4bet or smt like that, also i have AK which normally should block some KK or AA combos (but ofc it never does, I always see AA or KK against me). I was pretty sure its not a straight and not a set, its a straight bluff or a stupidly played AA. but just today I had a similar hand and it was played the same way with AK..surprise surprise..