Am I playing it wrong or something like that?

• takalol
      takalol
      Bronze
      Ok I'm kinda new to the smart-poker-strategies universe, and it's been just a month since I started playing with pokerstrategy's 50 dollar startup, but now I've just lost 40 dollars, I do everything they say on the pre-flop and stuff, but as soon as I get soem income, the outcome comes even harder

I just played a game where I had AA with KK5 on flop and another K on the river... I thought "well, all in, I got one of the best hands in game" but in the end my opponent had four of a kind K... I had just lost 3 hard-earned dollars, yet again

I follow all the bank management rules, all the pre and after flop rules, make player notes, and yet, I've lost MANY of mine JJ, QQ, KK, and AKs hands, just as if my opponents can see what I've got. and they know that they're stronger

sorry for bad text editing, I just got pissed off now that I lost another all in
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Know when to fold what you regard as a very strong hand if it's not the nuts or maybe second nuts. In the Kings full vs Quads I agree it was a bit of a cooler but I doubt you are only getting coolered and you play perfect ABC poker. Watch a lot of videos and join some live coachings to get an idea of better postflop play.

Cheers.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by takalol
      I just played a game where I had AA with KK5 on flop and another K on the river... I thought "well, all in, I got one of the best hands in game"
      This is completely incorrect. AA is only the best hand preflop and loses equity as more players are allowed to see the flop.

First you must learn how to play poker. Then you can earn some money.
    • ArtisSkirpa
      ArtisSkirpa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by takalol
      I just played a game where I had AA with KK5 on flop and another K on the river... I thought "well, all in, I got one of the best hands in game"
      This is completely incorrect. AA is only the best hand preflop and loses equity as more players are allowed to see the flop.

First you must learn how to play poker. Then you can earn some money.

AA is quite often not the best hand postflop, but on a KK5xK board Iµ going broke pretty much always vs anyone, even the tightest of nits 100-200 bbs deep. You only lose to quads which obv is hard to get.

Obviously this is just one hand - one lost buy-in, so there probably are some flaws in the OP's game. Id suggest to study harder or try a different form of poker like SnGs if youre playing cash or vice versa, Or maybe youŗe just hit by bad variance hard. Just keep improving the profit will come!
    • Mulatu
      Mulatu
      Bronze
      Reading about plays and strategies is one thing.
      You need to understand these plays and be able to read the game.
      This only comes through experience... playing a lot of poker.
      As long as you're willing to analyze and learn you will improve.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArtisSkirpa
      AA is quite often not the best hand postflop, but on a KK5xK board Iµ going broke pretty much always vs anyone, even the tightest of nits 100-200 bbs deep. You only lose to quads which obv is hard to get.
      At KK5 you have 8% equity and can only beat a bluff.

What is your screen name and site please? :s_biggrin:

(I totally agree about the quads though. The only problem is if he got all the way to the river and you were betting the whole way he should have some kind of hand.)