how to play at Full ring table, advantage table and sit-and-go ?

• phamnhuson
      phamnhuson
      Bronze
      I see that the strategy of Pokerstrategy is only efficient for people play at full ring table and advantage table. When play sit-and-go (face to face or is called solo), you will lose money soon because:

- The hand is too selective.
      - 60% of the luck factor. Example: I have K 9, he has 10 A. I call, he checks. The flop brings Q K K. I check :) , he raises. I re-raise, he call. The god damn turn is Jack :( (. LOL !!

I don't say the strategy of Pokerstrategy is not good. It's very efficient for full ring or advantage table but my question is: How to play well at sit-and-go ?
  • 10 replies
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      In the BSS section there are strategy articles on HeadsUp play.

There is also a whole forum dedicated to HeadsUp play.

As for specific SitnGo HeadsUp articles, there are none yet but there is ALOT of forum help when it comes to that topic.

You example is quite odd. Since in this one instance, yes you get a bad River card...but that happens and there is NO article in the world that is going to teach you how to effectively use your mind to make the River card materialize into a card you want it to be...

Plus if you want to learn about playing POKER, this is an AWESOME site for that and since NL HU SitnGos fall under poker...I am 100% confident that by reading all the articles on this site plus be active in the forums(even just silently reading) that you will become a good HU SitnGo player. That is if you have what it takes to do so...
    • phamnhuson
      phamnhuson
      Bronze
      one example for my question:

I have QQ. He has JJ. The flop brings 2 A K. The turn is 10. With this flop, i wonder i have how many % of win ???? He only win if the river card is Q. There are 2 Queens in total of cards. But it's very unbelieve because the river card is .... :(
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      So you got it in preflop with QQ against JJ (if i'm reading right?) then you did good and can't control what happens after that. who cares what happens after that unless you're playing underrolled.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Cheers for the replies folks :)
    • nguyenanhtuan123
      nguyenanhtuan123
      Basic
      Really, I follow the way of Pokerstrategy.com but i think that we should change some problem :

How to treatment if you have AA, KK or QQ at head-up !!

1. Before the flop, check and call enemy's raise.

2. The flop brings 3 card:
      - If no pair is on the talble, Check and call
      - If one pair is on the table, Check. If enemy raises, wait 6s then call
      - If 3 card is suit, do mini-raise. If you don't have any card suit, this raise help you know that the enemy have the suit card of 3 card on the table, don't he.
      -If 3 card is a straigh or draw straigh, check. If enemy raises, do re-raise x3. If he call, becareful because may be he has a drawstraigh or really straigh !!

To be continue .. :)
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by nguyenanhtuan123
      Really, I follow the way of Pokerstrategy.com but i think that we should change some problem :

- If 3 card is suit, do mini-raise. If you don't have any card suit, this raise help you know that the enemy have the suit card of 3 card on the table, don't he.
      -If 3 card is a straigh or draw straigh, check. If enemy raises, do re-raise x3. If he call, becareful because may be he has a drawstraigh or really straigh !!

Sorry but this is really terrible. One, making concrete rules on how to play any specific hand is bad. Poker is a dynamic game. You need to adjust to your opponents. If villain is a loose fish, you want to get all the money in preflop against him with QQ+. For beginners, that's the accepted strategy. Slowplaying is not recommended until you have a better grasp of how to play postflop.

To nguyen: spend some time reading the articles, they will be useful to you. Follow them until you understand WHY they say what they do, and then maybe you can deviate based on opponent. Since you clearly do not understand the basic concepts of the game yet, follow those articles very closely.
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nguyenanhtuan123

Ummmm, for some odd reason I have the impression that you have or do work at a call center of some sort with this very scripted example....

First off wasy8 is 100% on when it is stated that poker is dynamic and you need to adjust to opponents. Especially in HU poker, you should be working on playing the opponent with your reads of how the are playing instead of playing what is on the board. IF you are new, sticking to basic pre and post flop strategies is the best till you have experience at reads and post flop play.

And I have never seen someone script in a "If enemy raises, wait 6s then call"....that is just crazy....lol
    • nguyenanhtuan123
      nguyenanhtuan123
      Basic
      oh no no, i am not a beginner. I only want to share my exp of poker online. Try to think , if you have three kind, you want to check or raise ? I think that 95% you check, because you want to get big money !! That is right. So, when enemy have three kind, 95% they check. So if they raises , that is BLUFF !! So if you do not wait 6s, they will think you have a three kind, and they will becareful. Really, wait 6s or not is no problem, but wait 6s help you make enemy feel bad beat. I analyze enemy's psychological :

- Do not wait 6s and call, they will fold if you raise, and it's not really big money.
      - Wait 6s, you make them feel you are naive, call for no think and the after card they will do a mini-raise. You continue call. Maybe 9% you are not lucky, but 91% is enough to make enemy feel sad !! The river card, you check. If enemy raise, don't think much, do a raise x6 !! I sure 100% enemy fold. If they check, 91% you win with high pair QQ, KK, AA. If they all-in, 70% he is bluffing. If you have KK or AA, you should call. If you have QQ you should fold.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      nguyen please post your 500k+ hand sample for evaluation, since clearly this amazing strategy works for you :f_mad:

really, your thought process is completely laughable and totally level 1 thinking.
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      It could be me or it could be the broken english in your post....but you have me confused...

I want to know at what limit you are playing???