Weekly Vote: Will jungleman12 be able to win the durrrr Challenge?

• Poll
    • Weekly Vote: Will jungleman12 be able to win the durrrr Challenge?

Yes, jungleman12 will keep on dominating and win the challenge
        62%
        Everything is possible in No Limit Hold'em
        20%
        durrrr will be able to come back and secure himself the lead in the challenge
        18%
      Total: 111 Votes
    • ysraM
      ysraM
      Bronze
      As we recently reported, the two competitors were able to complete close to 7,000 of the 50,000 hands needed for the challenge.

Challenger Dan "jungleman12" Cates was able to come back from a $130k deficit after the first session and managed to overtake the lead after three sessions played.

He is now leading with almost $700k profit and putting Dwan into some serious trouble. The online poker legend is for sure going to have a hard time coming back from this setback.

We want to know from you if you think that Cates has what it takes to come out on top at the end of the challenge. Share your opinion and opt for your favourite answer in our weekly vote.
  • 8 replies
    • sebralane
      sebralane
      Bronze
      ofc jungleman will win it :)
    • TankUveryMuch
      TankUveryMuch
      Bronze
      I think Cated will win as long as he sticks to NLH, he seems stronger than Dwan, PLO might be a different story...
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      He is perfectly capable of winning it, it all comes down to variance! :)

There is very little skill wise separating the top players, it all comes down to whether full tilt wants you to win or not ;-)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      the fact someone has documented durrs strategy makes me think jungleman will know more than enough to take it down.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Trust me, even at the highest level there can still be a massive skill difference. At mid-high level fair enough, reg v reg usually wins whoever is luckiest, however at the highest level it's a diff story, the genius has the edge over the very smart person. And in this case, durrr is the genius.

My money is on durr to win by something like 160-500k
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      they will both lose because everyone is solid

no seriously it's a complete crapshoot, standard variance over 50k HUhands at 2bb/100 is like from -10.000bb to +20.000bb
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by ZeMammuth
      Trust me, even at the highest level there can still be a massive skill difference. At mid-high level fair enough, reg v reg usually wins whoever is luckiest, however at the highest level it's a diff story, the genius has the edge over the very smart person. And in this case, durrr is the genius.

My money is on durr to win by something like 160-500k
      jungleman12 is ahead by 800k and they're only played 9k hands. how on earth do you predict 160-500k?? if this was the final outcome it would PROVE that they're very close to equal in skill
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Ihufa you are zeee man...PS How does it feel slowly draining your money away with every game you play since that large win?