Quiz of the week: FL - Various Spots (3)

• djma123
      djma123
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStrategists,

This week will feature a quiz with various spots in Fixed Limit Hold'em. It is specifically geared towards PokerStrategists with silver status, but higher limit players might learn something too.

Situations in the new quiz include spots in which you have to decide if you can make a move with air, semi-bluff with a draw or how to extract value with a strong hand. Each of the spots will feature a comprehensive explanation to make sure you learn something in the process.

Quiz of the week: FL - Various Spots (3)

How well did you do? Was it too hard? Too easy? Share your thoughts!
  • 4 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Question 8.

What if he raises the flop for free card? Aggressive players do this very often. I'd still go for the bet/3bet for this reason.
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      19/21, didn't find it easy, took my time thinking about the situations, which was nice, different from having to do it at game speed, think some of my decisions would be different then ;-)
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      13/21 wat,
      will edit post with my outrageous indignation

edit: turns out im bad, shouldnt do quizzes while im playing :P

Strongly disagree with with Q9 though, villain can easily be desperation betting low pockets 89 JT/KJ/KT/T9 and occasionally some Q9s.

That said at 2/4 or below definitely not big problem folding this river against someone who seems quite straightforward.

At 5/T or T/20 you have to pry QT out of my cold dead hands in this spot.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Question 8.

What if he raises the flop for free card? Aggressive players do this very often. I'd still go for the bet/3bet for this reason.
      Yes I also like the 3 bet option on the flop. If we are behind we put in an extra half a bet as it's likely top pair does not cap and instead calls us down. If we are crushed we get raised on the turn and can likely throw it away which has the same cost as betting turn, betting river. But when we are against the draw we stop him from saving a bet by checking behind the turn and also get an extra bet in on the flop.
      So over all we cost ourselves half a bet when against a better hand and charge half a bet to draws. More often that not though an aggressive player will wait until the turn to raise made hands so a flop raise to me is more likely to be a draw.