Heads-up articles

• Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Would to be nice to have heads-up article. I know it's a type of game that is very dependant on your knowledge of the opponent, your knowledge of equity and your agressiveness. I know I'm decent in heads-up, but it seems I can't get any guidance on PS about that style of play. And since I only have the 50$ maybe it would be dangerous to play heads-up.
  • 5 replies
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      Its enough to try SnG headsup on titan for 1$+0.05. But its hard to play many of those at same time so i dont know if you can earn much money with it.
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      I meant a 10-seats table with only one person currently on it. I feel good enough in heads-up play to try to make as much money from that other person. Id just like an article to give me more confidence...
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Mystrapoker!

I made a note :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      there's a short section about HU in the sng tournament article... but that's sng (although i don't imagine it differs a great deal for cash HU).

interesting article, basically pushes for MORE aggression when faced with aggression...

which is opposite to what i do. If opponent is weak sure i'll push with ATC (any two cards), but if he's raising like crazy and the blinds aren't TOO bad it definitely pays off to wait until you get good cards (by this i mean A-rag+ in heads up) and then trap him.
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Tonight I went under my critical point: 40$. So I decided to play in situation that I know I have an edge: SH and heads-up. I scouted for tables with less than 4 players and for those who had 1 player. I would pay the blinds and see if peoples were passive or not. If they were passive I would be aggressive. (NL4 that is, it's about not losing too much blinds while scouting for table...).

If they were semi-aggressive I would be much more aggressive than them. (ie: if they raise I re-raise with ATC). I also decided to play limit hold'em, because I don't think I'm skilled enough yet to play full ring NL (because I have problems with identifying the strength of my hand after the flop).

Too bad it would be "guerila poker sessions" (I would leave when players joined, and that usually happened after lik 6-7 hands). The only losing session I had was with a loose/passive calling station who would always get a pair on the flop, and I would get nothing, and he couldnt be bullied...