NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Entraction
      SB ($5.02)
      BB ($2.20)
      UTG ($4.04)
      UTG+1 ($0.86)
      CO ($0.64)
      Hero ($10.01)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.40) J:heart: K:diamond: 7:diamond:

SB bets $0.30, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.50

TURN ($2) J:heart: K:diamond: 7:diamond: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

RIVER ($4) J:heart: K:diamond: 7:diamond: 6:heart: 8:diamond:

SB bets $3.10 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $3.80

villian took ages to call turn bet on river starting to think he had a a flush or a slow played set , Bad flop reraise thinking i should have made about $1, no major reads on villian seen weak showdown before tho.
      the bet sizing on the river makes me think its a possible bluff as theres not many hands i can call with on the river, easy fold?
  • 4 replies
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      Raise to 4bb preflop when there is a limper already in the pot. Make them pay to see the flop out of position against you. :)

I would also make it slightly bigger on the flop, and bet bigger on the turn, like 2/3 or 3/4 pot size.

On the river I would expect to see a flush very often, so I think I would fold too. The only hands we really beat are some kind of spaz-bluff with a QT-type hand or maybe K8 that got too excited on the river (neither of which are too likely).
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      Posted twice on accident.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I would raise a bit more on flop, like 1.2$ (3x his bet + pot before betting) and bet turn close to pot if it doesn't complete any draws and he checks back. By that you both are going to be committed by river and you get much more value against draws + protect your hand.

If turn completes some kind of draw I still tend to bet, but make it less and most likely fold to a raise, because I think he won't c/r Kx/Jx hands, but do it with completed draws/sets.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

SPwoodrose and Duudalinja nailed this one.