Good SnG player should expect!

• Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      In 100 games (SnG 9-10 players) what should a above average SnG player have for a win rate?
      For me a win is placing in the money!

Lets rule out varience and anything else..... Just plain raw data.....so i can judge how i am doing....not considering myself above average...still plugging those leaks....thank you videos and articles one by one im plugging those leaks!

waiting for my deposit to clear so i can buy them yummy tools everyone talks about! Then i should plug some major leaks!

Thanks for your input in advance!
  • 3 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      anything from -50% to +50%
    • Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input but does little for me since by those numbers an above average player at Sng can have a win rate of -45%-
      i understand that variance might lead an above average player and even a great player to have those numbers during a certain time period.

I was hoping that somebody would have some raw data to give me.
      Maybe a study has never been done!

Just trying not to get too down on the lack of sucess!
      However after seeing soem of the videos on SnG....i realized that my game had some major leaks...which make the diffeence between limping into bubble territory and being one of the chip leaders!

thaks
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      At every level, the average result is to lose the rake, so the average ROI is about -9% in a $10+$1 tournament, losing $1 which is 9% of an $11 buy-in.

To see how much very good players win, you may want to look at the players on the SharkScope leader boards. For example, I see that my friend Sippin_Criss is #3 on the Holdem 9-10 Seated Turbo / $5.01-$15 / Total Profit 2010 leader board. Clicking on his name uses a free search, and I can see that he has an ROI of 11% in 58,634 tournaments with an average stake level of $16. (He grinds the $15+$1 turbos on PokerStars professionally, and is the dominant player at that level.)

Your In-The-Money percentage is not very important. If your goal is to win money, your ROI is much more important. However, you can extract the finish distribution of other players from SharkScope, too. If you click on the name from a search, it will show some graphs. Select More Options and then SitnGo Finish Positions, 9 players. Sippin_Criss was first 13.77%, second 12.26%, and third 13.16%, for a total ITM of 39.19%. Again, this is a professional player who is outplaying almost every regular in his games.