Other forums

• gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      It took a particularly bad experience at another forum (which shall remain anonymous) for me to realize how awesome the PS.com community really is.

If a newbie rocks up here with absolutely NO idea what they're doing everyone is always really nice and accommodating. We make sure that our newbies end up playing +EV like the rest of us :D
      The same cannot be said AT ALL for this other forum. I rocked up over there with no idea of what I was doing, just asking for some advice or constructive criticism, and all I got was vitriol. Wankers.

Thumbs up for pokerstrategy and the community :s_thumbsup: :D
  • 8 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Nice post, sir!

There are definitely some angry, angry people out there. On the plus side, the arrogance those folks display means that neither they, nor anyone posting there improves as much as they could or should.

The more we help out our fellow community members, the better it is for all of us v the rest. And long may it continue! :f_love:
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      It's always nice to hear such positive feedback - but in the end it's you, the community, who decides the general attitude. And I can only give a huge thumbs up for you guys, too :f_thumbsup:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I agree, but there's certainly plenty of vitriol on this site for people who make whiny posts about bad beats. It's a bit like walking into a classroom of 10 year olds with a sign saying 'Kick me' pinned to your back.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      I agree, but there's certainly plenty of vitriol on this site for people who make whiny posts about bad beats. It's a bit like walking into a classroom of 10 year olds with a sign saying 'Kick me' pinned to your back.
      Painful memories? You can tell us, you're among friends. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ofc, there are always going to be those that like to stir things up a bit, but the difference between us and some of those other forums, is like the difference between that classroom of 10 year olds and the lifers wing at a state penitentiary in Texas.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Painful memories? You can tell us, you're among friends. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ofc, there are always going to be those that like to stir things up a bit, but the difference between us and some of those other forums, is like the difference between that classroom of 10 year olds and the lifers wing at a state penitentiary in Texas.
      No painful memories. Just guilt at being a ten year old with big feet. :f_cry:
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Nowhere near to the extent of this other site. Mostly, when people whinge about bad beats, someone will calming chime in "that's just variance, man"... It's only when someone does NOTHING but whinge about bad beats that people will start getting mildly irritated; and that only shows itself via the forum thread in question being utterly abandoned (I've seen a few blogs like this).
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi mates,
      just to let you know on this month issue of the Poker Player Magazine in UK the Pokerstrategy.com has been classify as the best poker school online on a global scale. Better and over the almost famous and not free (as instead PS.com is :heart:) and even very expensive and with this "super pro" as coach/instructors, other schools present these days online.

So, long live to Pokerstrategy.com and all the members, coaches, staff and moderators and obviously and first of all (of course)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EXIST!!! :D
      Thx :heart: :heart: :heart:
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Thanks for the great feedback :)