Question for Chenny

• kiromanAAKK
      In the video "Stats in SNG" part 1 at minute 21 about you do a calculation during the hand where u hold A9s with a flush draw at the turn. You divide the current bet (150) by the actual stack (1115) with a result of 0,2 about that you specify as a Equity.

I really didn't understood all about; can u explain please?
      And in which entity come back of utility that Equity during an hand in a Sit?
      From the result (equity) how we establish which hand is profitable and which equity of hands we should look at?
      Also, there is a possibility u may show how to get the Equity of a determinate hand against a specific range of hands by using our Equilator?
      Finally, in your stats there aren't the limp, limp/fold stats. Aren't them important to classify an HBL and help us with a decision of aggression to?
      Thank a lot coach for your time and teaching :heart:

P.S. BTW great videos! Thank you very much for that :)
  • 3 replies
    • kiromanAAKK
      Hi Coach, I have try to calculate the equity necessary for a call in the some way you doing in the video but the value doesn't muck the one out the equilator that is even different from the equity given by ICMExplorer.

Obviously, I must do something wrong, may you explain please how you doing to calculate out the Pot and the bet the equity I need to make a call?
      Thank you very much :heart:
    • chenny8888
      The pot will be 1100 after I call the turn bet of 250. So we need 250/1100 = 22.7% equity (I think) in order to make the call based on pot odds. I assumed in the video that we have 12 outs (9 flush outs + 3 live card outs). Of course some of these outs must be discounted because of the paired board (especially the K :club:) , but usually we have 11 live outs here which makes for 11 x 2% or 22% equity.

This does not comprise of a significant amount of our stack so ICMExplorer is not really too useful for us in making our decision here.
    • pzhon
      The reason ICM Explorer does not handle this situation directly is that there will still be 865 left to bet on the river. However, ICM Explorer can check your risk-aversion in small pots. You can use the "Call Bet" button instead of "Call Push." You have to set the bet amount.

For example, in the hand

1415: Caller, 300 in the pot already
      1625: Bettor, 300 in the pot already

Set the bet amount to 250.
      Call Bet output:

Bet is 250 on top of 300.
      Fold: 1115 chips, 0.087, SD: $14.19
      Win: 1965 chips, 0.1445
      Lose: 865 chips, 0.0688
      Tie: 1415 chips, 0.108

Equity needed: 24.05%
      Chip odds: 22.73%
      Risk premium: 1.32%
      Chips gained by marginal call: 14.51.
      Ties count as 51.81% of a win.
      SD of marginal call: $14.24.

So, the risk premium is very small if you assume there can't be any betting on the river. Of course, with a starting stack and 8 players left, your risk-premium would be small even if you were calling a push.