[NL2-NL10] Nl25 AQs

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $21.87
      Hero:
      $11.97
      MP3:
      $19.33

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , A:heart:
      UTG calls $0.25, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.25, MP3 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.85) T:spade: , A:diamond: , 8:heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.50, UTG calls $3.50, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($11.85) 5:heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6.97 (All-In), UTG calls $6.97.

River: ($25.79) 6:club:

Final Pot: $25.79

Maybe check turn?, although on that board I´m pot committed anyway.
  • 9 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I don't see why you should check it ?
      The :heart: 5 is a safe card and normally your opponent should have only been able to beat you with a set of tens or a set of eights at that point. An AT would probably have been folded, an AA or AK would have reraised preflop I think.

So it's normal to think you have the best hand at the turn, and you have 8 outs against a set (any hearts except a ten).
      I would have done the exact same thing, even though I might be wary of 88 and to a lesser extent TT which might be raised UTG.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I agree with this assessment. I do have a question about your stack size though, what's going on here? If you have just doubled up as a SS, you can even not play AQs in this situation. Just wait for AA or KK, and fold everything else preflop.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Your hand got stronger on the turn with this stack easy AI imo.
    • Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      Why do you have only $11.97 at NL$25?

You should reload whenever you are below $25, so you can get maximum value from your opponents, when you hit your monster.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      That's why I think it was a short stack that had just doubled up. Under that condition, playing AQ, even suited, is an unnecessary risk.
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      That's why I think it was a short stack that had just doubled up. Under that condition, playing AQ, even suited, is an unnecessary risk.
      Playing AQs on the button after 2 limpers is an unnecessary risk?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      After I lost AA vs AK vs 77, KK vs AQ, AKs vs QQ (3x) I thought that it was no point playing on SSS and I was willing to leave the table when I reach 15$ or I go broke:) . Didn´t want to reload 25$, because I don´t have enough bankroll but players seemed bad and there wasn´t enough SSS players so I took a shot. Worked fine another 3 tables but here I got stacked against A8:) Generally just wanted to know if my push was good. Already got replied, so thanks all the comments. It was just an experiement and it didn´t turn out so fine as I expected.

I have just a little downswing on SSS (-12 stacks in 3 days) and I don´t know if I should still playing on, because after 9000 hands I´ve lost 9$ (-0,22BB/100 hands:) ) and I tend to think that it is impossobile to win at NL 25 while playing SSS.

I still have to make some anaylzes and the best is to take some time off and to do smt else.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

I recommend that you reread some strategy articles and stick to one strategy - SSS or BSS. By mixing them up you are losing money. With a mid stack you are in trouble more often because you are pot committed way earlier than with a big stack. As played I think there is no way of folding it on the turn. Nice hand! If he has A8: so bet it. He already made a mistake by calling you preflop.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Laurenz1988
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Playing AQs on the button after 2 limpers is an unnecessary risk?
      Hi Laurenz. When playing the SSS, if you have made your money, that is, 5BB or more, then you can continue to play for free until you reach the blinds, and leave the table. Under those conditions, AQs isn't one of the strongest hands, because while position makes it attractive, some donk can take it away from you quite easily. And, you can become pot committed and have to put it all in. That's why, under those circumstances, playing only AA or KK is a very acceptable move.