• BattleHunter
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($60.40)
      BB ($20.25)
      CO ($44.16)
      BTN ($27.75)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:diamond:

CO calls $0.20, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, BTN calls $1.40

FLOP ($4.40) T:heart: K:heart: 5:heart:
      Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

TURN ($10.40) T:heart: K:heart: 5:heart: T:diamond:
      Hero bets $7, BTN calls $7

RIVER ($24.40) T:heart: K:heart: 5:heart: T:diamond: 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $15.75 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $23.18

He was new to the table, was doing some crazy stuff like open shoving hands and what not.

Flop bet is mendatory in my opinion, because he calls any J Q or A heart and shouldn't really have many made flushes (although as he seems a bit fishy I can't put him on an exact range for flatting my 3b ip).

Turn seems like a strange card. He could have some Ts in his range and they just improved tremendously versus me, but I still think we should bet for protection (we're obviously planing to b/f both streets).

On the river as it came we beat nothing but a pure bluff, so i decided to c/f.

How could I play this differently? Maybe try to pot control one of the earlier streets to be able to cheaply see showdown? But too many hands have many outs against us and if a heart was to roll we're certainly screwed (even if for whatever reason our hand is still better)

I'm really puzzled. Also what do you think about the bet sizings?

• 2 replies
    • AninIII

I'd 3-bet more preflop because of oop, f.e. sth like 2,5$ (fish will call anyway, so he is forced to make a bigger mistake preflop when he is most probably behind)
      On flop a bet is fine, but it's basically an information bet. The problem is, that villain can call with a pretty wide rang, even floating you, because maybe he knows, that this is a scary board for you.
      On turn it's tough. If villain is kind of aggressive I'd c/shove because I expect him to barrel any 1-card FD if you check to him. Against passive guys you can bet/fold for sure.
      On river it's ugly because you only beat bluffs AND made hands like 66-99, JJ, QQ which he turns into a bluff.
      I guess fold is fine to save some variance but if you have that read on him that he does crazy stuff you can ch/c sometimes.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    • Kaitz20
      I´d played fop and turn the same way
      But I´d call river, you see there too many times busted flushdraws to fold your tptk hand getting that odds