Zeffke's carreer, the sequel

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi,

Some of you guys will already know me from some time ago. I'm back again and since I'm working full time, poker has moved to second place for a while. So I'm gonna try to redo what I did some time ago... Step up from NL 5 till NL 200 again and be a winning player at that level.

Before my break I was able to beat NL100 with 2 BB/100 hands over a decent sample size (100k+ hands). After a long break I wasn't able to play as profitable as before so I moved down to NL 50 only to play break even as well.

That's why I'm starting all over again. When I studied, playing poker was a nice way of making profit without having to look for some dull job. Now I have a job I'm enjoying, so poker is back what it was in the beginning. Pure fun, not result orientated... well... not that result orientated because I'm still the same guy and I still want to be the best in everything I do or every game I play :-)

So here we go again, starting it all over at NL 5. I will be playing at Full Tilt Poker in the rush games. My plan is to play around 25-30k hands a month at least. And read the articles over again and to review some video's as well. I will be using a somewhat aggressive bankroll management of 20 buyins, I'll move down with 15 or less though.

Let's see how far I can go with this, I'm planning on updating about 3-4 times a week for sure.

See ya! :s_grin:

Bankroll: $100.00
  • 20 replies
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Gl fishy :D

How is your job working out?

Catch me on msn sometime ;)
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      So here I am... back after 3900 hands of rush poker... I've made some nice profit with very ABC-poker...

+24.65$ as good as 6.27 BB/100 hands.

I'm glad with it, if it keeps going like this, I can step up to NL 10 in no time...

@diedobal: The job is very nice, good atmosphere, fun to work, very happy about it. I'll catch you soon on MSN, having some more time next week probably. ;-)

edit: I also played some stupid 5 FPP freeroll and managed to win another +25.79$. I'm gonna leave the tourneys because I'm even a bigger fish in those.

Bankroll: $150.44
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Only 1400 hands today without any interesting hands...

Session: + $17.47

Bankroll: $167.91

Looking good so far...beating NL $5 @ 7.09 BB/100 hands
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Yesterday I was able to play 1300 hands, winning another + $23.50

Bankroll: $ 191.41

Crushing NL5 @ 9.86 BB/100 hands, small samplesize but who cares :)
      Close to NL10 now...
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Played two sessions, 3300 hands combined. Wasn't running as good as before, I was down $28 early in the session but still managed to make profit. Close to NL 10 now, hope to get there today since I have 2 days off from work.

Session: + $0.92

Bankroll: $192.33

Still happy with my winrate: 6.63 BB/100
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      I'm done at NL5 after playing 11,459 hands, making $71.31 of profit and some freeroll winnings. So a nice 6.22 BB/100 hands winrate.

On to NL10 !

Bankroll: $211.27
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      That was quick :)
      Nicely done sir! Good luck with reaching your goal, I'll drop by every now and then to see how's it going :)
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      TY fulja, nice to see I'm not talking to myself in here :) Well at least this blog keeps me focused :s_grin:

Played 3000 hands @ NL 10 already... bagging a nice profit + $78.26

Off for a shower now and taking some time off to get back with full concentration later on today

Bankroll: $ 289.53
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      So I played another 700 hands, running good and picking off every bluff. Really unbelievable, I think I made all the right decisions from start to finish in this session and so I had another profitable session: + $55.36

I don't expect this to continue as good but I like it for now :s_biggrin:

Bankroll: $344.94

Planning to play another 1k-2k hands later on tonight but first I'm going to watch Turkey-Belgium.

See ya
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Whaaaaaaat!!!! Transfer some of that rungood to meeeeee :D Me want!
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      So last session for the night: 1600 hands, and again + $50.55

Bankroll: $ 395.45

So all together it has been a crazy $200+ day at NL5 and NL10
      I hope the run continues...
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      So far today I've played 4850 hands, almost break-even.

Hasn't been my day so far with a lot of setups but I guess I can't complain to much after yesterday, can I?

Today: - $0.33

Bankroll: $395.12
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Where are you? NL100 by now? :D
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Here we are again... Sequel 3.0 or so by now. Really struggled to start up with poker again. But now i'm home for one month after dislocating my shoulder. So with one functional arm left ATM there's not much too do then... play poker again :)

So where did I start? 50$ capital again (cashed everything else out), since I didn't want to go broke at NL25 or something without being able to play good ABC poker again...

So I started off with NL5 and a little underrolled but I had to beat NL5 was my thought. And after like 6689 hands I had a profit of $72.49

Combined with some smaller tourneywinnings earlier last month I had enough to start with NL10

So grinding my ass of all day long, payed out after a few days and combined with a second place finish (deal) in a micro-MTT, got me rolled for NL25 again. I also cashed out everything above 20 stacks so I could buy me something nice for my efforts so far.

But my first attempt at NL25 was a quick stay since I ran bad an in about 4000 hands dropped 4 stacks. Mainly because of bad luck but with the small but conservative bankrollmanagement, it was time to step back and grind NL10 again.

So about 3 days and 24k hands later I was almost back at NL25 winning $87 in this period, but again in the morning I played some micro-MTTs again and I feel like crushing them really this month so here's another 2 big cashes:

So that's the point where I'm at, at this moment. Ready to taker another stab at NL25. I also plan on playing some of the micro millions tournaments since I'm doing well in MTTs lately. Handreview really helped me so far, so thanks to veriz/Kaitz for helping me out with that. I'm cashing out everything above $625 to buy some more nice stuff and celebrate the win. :s_biggrin:

Today: + $1347.00
      Bankroll: $625.00
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Played around 2500 hands in my first session. At the beginning I was very unlucky, altough I flopped big, I got sucked out pretty badly (KKvs55 allin preflop, lost it), pocket 2's, flopping 552 and lose it against 55.

But anyways managed to get a nice profit of $32, while running 3 stacks under EV.
      Posted one hand in the handevaluation forum, where I bet too much at the river imo and got my ass kicked for that. :f_cry:

Hope to put in like 5k more hands today.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Had some friends coming over yesterday, so didn't play as much as planned. But I watched veriz' coaching of hand reviewing and after that a video of YourDoomPoker. And really that video is something I should have watched much earlier. I always thougt, well I'm playing NL25 so no need to watch NL600 plays since it's so much more advanced. But I have to say it makes you think on a higher level, and I hope it's taking my game to a higher level as well.

So my plan for today is watch 1 or 2 more of his videos and implement them in my play. Probably post 2-3 hands I'm unsure of (on valuebetting thin on the river).

Yesterday I ended up playing close to 4k hands. Running big time under EV. But still bagged a nice $59.59 profit, so as long as I'm winning when running bad, I don't mind it too much.

Also I was very comfortable at the tables and managed to play my A-game throught the whole session.

Yesterday: + $59.59
      Bankroll: $679.09
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      So I already watched 2 video's and played a short (terrible) session. About 1k hands. -35$, EV should have been +8$ and I hit a cold deck where I squeeze KK and got pushed by aces :(

Biggest suck out was getting it in on the turn with AQ on AA3 4 versus 66, he hit a 6 on the river, well what can you say...

:s_confused:
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      So played some more yesterday and I catched up with my EV (ended one stack above EV). Mainly because of winning flips preflop all-in.

So I made another nice step towards NL50. Schedule for today:

- Play 2 MTTs in the morning while reviewing some hands of yesterday.
      - Posting trouble hands (set on wet board that comes into my mind now).
      - Play 2-3k hands on NL25
      - Play the Micro Millions (event 01,02,03,05,06)
      - Have fun in event #01

So let's get started.

Bankroll: $882.57
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Played 5212 hands yesterday for a profit of (only) $48.78, however with the donkaments of the MicroMillions my bankroll only grew a little because of being carddead, not winning flips or even losing JJ<TT. However there are like 92 events left :megusta:

Bankroll: $893.53