[NL2-NL10] NL04 FR AKo in SB,too aggresive?

• BurlacuCG
      BurlacuCG
      Bronze
      Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

BU:
      $4.28
      SB (Hero):
      $3.66

Position
      BU

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.56, BB folds, BU calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.16) A, Q, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.83, BU calls $0.83.

Turn: ($2.82) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.27, BU calls $2.27.

River: ($7.36) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.36.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Ad Ks).
      BU shows two pairs, aces and queens(As Qh).

BU wins with two pairs, aces and queens(As Qh).
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He steal from BU 44%(9hands) and 3bet-ul 2%. On the flop he might have QQ,AQ,99,Ax or a flush draw.
      Turn is blank and I went all-in because I put him on a draw.I didn't noticed the A :club: on the flop maybe he would probably fold KT+ :club: preflop to a 3bet. This sucks...
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

There isn't much you can do there, except rebuying preflop to 100bb so you don't inherently lose value while playing hands ;)

Villain looks somewhat tight but he could be some kind of tight fish capable of calling 3bets with AJ/AT/worse just as well than he could be a tag with a turn calling range that crushes you on AQ9. Maybe his steal% makes him a bit more likely to be a tag but really, even the fish catch up to the fish that stealing the blinds is pretty damn cool. I don't think you have a choice other than jamming it in and hoping for the best.

Don't beat yourself up on spots like that.

Hope it helps.