Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has 6:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, MP calls $0.04, fold, BTN calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks

Flop: ($0.16, 4 players) 8:diamond: Q:diamond: T:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.08, fold, MP calls $0.08, fold

Turn: ($0.32, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets $0.20, MP calls $0.20

River: ($0.72, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero bets $0.48, MP raises to $1.08, Hero calls $0.60

The reason I just called the river was just in case he didn’t have K or Ax of Diamonds, and the river scared me as well with the 2nd Queen on board.
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      I can see why you chose to call pre because of the 2 short stacks. But it should really be a fold as for most of the flops you are just wasting the extra 1 small blind and sometimes BB squeezes.

On the flop you should donk bet more as your hand really needs some protection against 3 players.

As played just put the short stack AI on the river. Not much to loose there and Qx will pay you off.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Shortstacks should make you lean toward folding since it's damn hard to flop a hand you're fine going broke with with J6s. Even if you get a J and they jam, they could have tons of better Jx hands. And since they're short you don't have big implied odds on hitting a flush or trips, which even then won't be a nutted hand with a J-high flush or J/6-kickers for trips. The SB is the worst possible spot to loosen up from since you're out of position all the time.

As played bet bigger on both flop and turn I'd just pot it.

I think the river is fine, he could have Qx for calling down and he might raise it just because he's short and not too bright, I'm not really planning on folding, if he slowplayed a bigger flush or somehow boated up good for him. I might even just bet bigger to begin with, so that if he raises he has to shove and I get to call it all off. Would have been easier if you had bet stronger on earlier streets tho.

Hope it helps.