Busto or superstar (another Rush blog)

• BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I had some blogs in here before:

Few days ago I decided to give up poker like milionth time. This was caused mainly by downswing and I find myself weak to deal with variance. I had no money left on any site but "fortunatelly" I found 100$ on my moneybookers, decided to deposit and start grinding micros on FTP.

Concerning my play history, I made over 10k sngs *most of them turbo.
      The main problem is, when I make some money playing poker, I always cashout everything and start building again, or I take break and return after few weeks/months again with nothing.

1, Buy in rules
      50bis for 2.15
      100bis for 5.3 (if 70bis move down)
      200bis for 10.5 (if 150bis move down)

2, Cashout rules
      Cashout rakeback + bonuses, keep the rest in the account (until end of 2010)

3, Playing

Make at least 200 points/day playing 2.15
      Make at least 400 points/day playing 5.30 etc.

Check EV after each session. If it goes down or BE -> review hands in SNGwiz.

4, Updates

Weekly and monthly

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to pass bachelor's exam in a few days so I expect to commit myself to grind by the end of september/begining of october.
  • 250 replies
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      YAY, good start Boris. Solid Buy in rules. Look forward to reading
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I can't wait until Friday to update and I need to thank nibbana + Lennonac now. They helped me to improve my game and I feel much better player than I was. My confidence factor is higher and higher.

Got 500$ bonus on ftp :f_cool: , but i will clear only 400$ of it or maybe less.
      I need to pass my bachelor's exam (1st part this friday), move to Prague at the end of month and get my "setup" there. Hopefully I can make at least Gold iron man this month and go for Iron next month.

Beat:
      [x] runing under ev
      [x] lazy to play more even when i have time

Brag:
      [x] not busto yet :f_biggrin:
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      I can't wait until Friday to update and I need to thank nibbana + Lennonac now. They helped me to improve my game and I feel much better player than I was. My confidence factor is higher and higher.

Got 500$ bonus on ftp :f_cool: , but i will clear only 400$ of it or maybe less.
      I need to pass my bachelor's exam (1st part this friday), move to Prague at the end of month and get my "setup" there. Hopefully I can make at least Gold iron man this month and go for Iron next month.

Beat:
      [x] runing under ev
      [x] lazy to play more even when i have time

Brag:
      [x] not busto yet :f_biggrin:
      Boooorrriiissss :)
      Best of luck bro.

Cya @ Skype
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I am leaving for Prague today in few hours so I dont have much time to make 200 points. X(

I will return on Friday night, continue playing 2,15$ and I plan to take shots at 5,3$ on Saturday. YAY ! :f_cool:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Didn't realize you had a blog Boris. I've added you to my favourites, so now the onus is on you to entertain me with some pearls of wisdom. :s_biggrin:
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      So I returned from Prague today, defended my thesis with the best mark. Yayks.

Concerning poker this month so far:

Games: 1878 (18 missed)
      Bis won: 87
      EV bis won: 65

My BR is ready for 5.3$. As I run over EV I will wait for downswing at 2.15 maybe.

:f_cool:
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      So I tried few 5$ (about 200) and ran hot obv. + about 10 bis but according to my EV i should be at -4 bis. I also played some 2$ (about 130) and made good profit there +20bis (on ev) :P .

Maybe I will continue with 2$ to improve my game and fire a set of 5$ from time to time.

BR is slowly growing thanks to rakeback and fast bonus :D .
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      This is you and the $5s! :f_biggrin:

Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      if you quit you're a pussy

sit on your ass and start grinding, it will come :s_biggrin:
    • Akwed
      Akwed
      Bronze
      Another good blog. Super turbo :heart: FTW
      GL on 5s
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      fooooooq!

367 games with roi -6.6
      Ev rois is 3
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      haha, the most epic game ever in my life

i was down to 10 chips on the bubble and ended winning it :s_biggrin:
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I decided to move down to 2.15$ because

1, I feel my game is not good enough to beat 5,3$ (maybe it is, but since i am rebuilding my roll i dont feel confident there)

2, I cant handle the swings (I was about 50bis under ev at one point)

btw. I played about 1300 hand at omaha HI rush tables wooo :f_biggrin:

I did not expect my BR grow at this pace ( thx to fast bonus about 220 already cleared at micros :f_cool: )
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Nice work boris!

You will probably need to adjust your strategy for the $5's you will start to get a few good players mixed in there and the fish will be slightly different.
      Once you have played a 200 or something then go through your database and work out how to beat them.

Good luck mate :D
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      Actually, clearing bonus isn't that good as it look like. Did you know exactly how is rakeback calculated? On FullTilt it is:

(StrategyPoints / 2 - Bonuses - Player Added - Fees - Fraud - Used Points) * 0.27

Bonus: These are all bonuses given such as deposit or reload bonuses.
      Player Added: If you play in a guarantee tournament that doesn't meet the guarantee, Full Tilt Poker divides the amount of the overlay by the number of players in the tournament - the same is true for freerolls.
      Fees: Full Tilt Poker shares the cost incurred by payment processors for depositing or withdrawing on the site with its affiliates.
      Fraud: Any charge backs from credit cards will be deducted from rake.
      Used Points: Every time you use Full Tilt Points in the store or for tournaments, approximately $0.005 per point is deducted from your rake.

So, each time you clear $20 from your bonus you get $20 less on rakeback. So on FT deposit bonus doesn't really matter.
      Anyway, GL with STs. I didn't have guts for bad beats coming so often.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I think you get $20 knocked off your MRG not your rakeback so it is very much worth it
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      yea.. you essentially get 27% of bonus amount knocked off of your rakeback, not the entire bonus
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      Lennonac:

I played about 600 games at 5s already, there are some regs that mass table this limit but they are BE after 30k games -> rakeback pros from russia LOL :f_biggrin:

my roi over 800 games is 1.8% and 2.8% EV (12 tabling), i would like to have close to 5%

Also, i started to use hud with btn steal, sb steal, and BB fold to steal

@ bonus vs rakeback:

deffinitelly, if i clear 20$ from the bonus it's deducted from my mgr

so 20$ of bonus takes 20*0.27 from the final rakeback
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      And its not the FDP , its FAST 50.. (or something else) bonus...
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I played 83 games at 2.15 today with an EV ROI 21.2% :s_cool: .

I will continue with at least 120 games after Champions League match and I consider taking shots at 5.3$ tommorow. I will see if i am prepared for a swong.