This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Busto or superstar (another Rush blog)

• BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I had some blogs in here before:

Few days ago I decided to give up poker like milionth time. This was caused mainly by downswing and I find myself weak to deal with variance. I had no money left on any site but "fortunatelly" I found 100$ on my moneybookers, decided to deposit and start grinding micros on FTP.

Concerning my play history, I made over 10k sngs *most of them turbo.
      The main problem is, when I make some money playing poker, I always cashout everything and start building again, or I take break and return after few weeks/months again with nothing.

1, Buy in rules
      50bis for 2.15
      100bis for 5.3 (if 70bis move down)
      200bis for 10.5 (if 150bis move down)

2, Cashout rules
      Cashout rakeback + bonuses, keep the rest in the account (until end of 2010)

3, Playing

Make at least 200 points/day playing 2.15
      Make at least 400 points/day playing 5.30 etc.

Check EV after each session. If it goes down or BE -> review hands in SNGwiz.

4, Updates

Weekly and monthly

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to pass bachelor's exam in a few days so I expect to commit myself to grind by the end of september/begining of october.
  • 250 replies
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      YAY, good start Boris. Solid Buy in rules. Look forward to reading
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I can't wait until Friday to update and I need to thank nibbana + Lennonac now. They helped me to improve my game and I feel much better player than I was. My confidence factor is higher and higher.

Got 500$ bonus on ftp :f_cool: , but i will clear only 400$ of it or maybe less.
      I need to pass my bachelor's exam (1st part this friday), move to Prague at the end of month and get my "setup" there. Hopefully I can make at least Gold iron man this month and go for Iron next month.

Beat:
      [x] runing under ev
      [x] lazy to play more even when i have time

Brag:
      [x] not busto yet :f_biggrin:
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      I can't wait until Friday to update and I need to thank nibbana + Lennonac now. They helped me to improve my game and I feel much better player than I was. My confidence factor is higher and higher.

Got 500$ bonus on ftp :f_cool: , but i will clear only 400$ of it or maybe less.
      I need to pass my bachelor's exam (1st part this friday), move to Prague at the end of month and get my "setup" there. Hopefully I can make at least Gold iron man this month and go for Iron next month.

Beat:
      [x] runing under ev
      [x] lazy to play more even when i have time

Brag:
      [x] not busto yet :f_biggrin:
      Boooorrriiissss :)
      Best of luck bro.

Cya @ Skype
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I am leaving for Prague today in few hours so I dont have much time to make 200 points. X(

I will return on Friday night, continue playing 2,15$ and I plan to take shots at 5,3$ on Saturday. YAY ! :f_cool:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Didn't realize you had a blog Boris. I've added you to my favourites, so now the onus is on you to entertain me with some pearls of wisdom. :s_biggrin:
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      So I returned from Prague today, defended my thesis with the best mark. Yayks.

Concerning poker this month so far:

Games: 1878 (18 missed)
      Bis won: 87
      EV bis won: 65

My BR is ready for 5.3$. As I run over EV I will wait for downswing at 2.15 maybe.

:f_cool:
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      So I tried few 5$ (about 200) and ran hot obv. + about 10 bis but according to my EV i should be at -4 bis. I also played some 2$ (about 130) and made good profit there +20bis (on ev) :P .

Maybe I will continue with 2$ to improve my game and fire a set of 5$ from time to time.

BR is slowly growing thanks to rakeback and fast bonus :D .
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      This is you and the $5s! :f_biggrin:

Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      if you quit you're a pussy

sit on your ass and start grinding, it will come :s_biggrin:
    • Akwed
      Akwed
      Bronze
      Another good blog. Super turbo :heart: FTW
      GL on 5s
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      fooooooq!

367 games with roi -6.6
      Ev rois is 3
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      haha, the most epic game ever in my life

i was down to 10 chips on the bubble and ended winning it :s_biggrin:
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I decided to move down to 2.15$ because

1, I feel my game is not good enough to beat 5,3$ (maybe it is, but since i am rebuilding my roll i dont feel confident there)

2, I cant handle the swings (I was about 50bis under ev at one point)

btw. I played about 1300 hand at omaha HI rush tables wooo :f_biggrin:

I did not expect my BR grow at this pace ( thx to fast bonus about 220 already cleared at micros :f_cool: )
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Nice work boris!

You will probably need to adjust your strategy for the $5's you will start to get a few good players mixed in there and the fish will be slightly different.
      Once you have played a 200 or something then go through your database and work out how to beat them.

Good luck mate :D
    • konkey
      konkey
      Bronze
      Actually, clearing bonus isn't that good as it look like. Did you know exactly how is rakeback calculated? On FullTilt it is:

(StrategyPoints / 2 - Bonuses - Player Added - Fees - Fraud - Used Points) * 0.27

Bonus: These are all bonuses given such as deposit or reload bonuses.
      Player Added: If you play in a guarantee tournament that doesn't meet the guarantee, Full Tilt Poker divides the amount of the overlay by the number of players in the tournament - the same is true for freerolls.
      Fees: Full Tilt Poker shares the cost incurred by payment processors for depositing or withdrawing on the site with its affiliates.
      Fraud: Any charge backs from credit cards will be deducted from rake.
      Used Points: Every time you use Full Tilt Points in the store or for tournaments, approximately $0.005 per point is deducted from your rake.

So, each time you clear $20 from your bonus you get $20 less on rakeback. So on FT deposit bonus doesn't really matter.
      Anyway, GL with STs. I didn't have guts for bad beats coming so often.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I think you get $20 knocked off your MRG not your rakeback so it is very much worth it
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      yea.. you essentially get 27% of bonus amount knocked off of your rakeback, not the entire bonus
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      Lennonac:

I played about 600 games at 5s already, there are some regs that mass table this limit but they are BE after 30k games -> rakeback pros from russia LOL :f_biggrin:

my roi over 800 games is 1.8% and 2.8% EV (12 tabling), i would like to have close to 5%

Also, i started to use hud with btn steal, sb steal, and BB fold to steal

@ bonus vs rakeback:

deffinitelly, if i clear 20$ from the bonus it's deducted from my mgr

so 20$ of bonus takes 20*0.27 from the final rakeback
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      And its not the FDP , its FAST 50.. (or something else) bonus...
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      I played 83 games at 2.15 today with an EV ROI 21.2% :s_cool: .

I will continue with at least 120 games after Champions League match and I consider taking shots at 5.3$ tommorow. I will see if i am prepared for a swong.