SSS'ers in 6 max games...

• jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      Hi. I recently moved to nl10 sh and there are many 20bb shortstackers. I don't know anything about SSS, I never played it. Anyways, I would like to know what's the best approach against them? I noticed that they re-steal/push all-in often from BB when I steal from BU/CO. First I started minraising from BU when there's shortstacker in the blinds. But still, they often shove, so I guess they are not that tight. I often don't know what to do when I have hand like KJs because I have no idea what their re-stealing range is.
  • 11 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Look them up on PTR and figure out their range. Then take their monies.
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Look them up on PTR and figure out their range. Then take their monies.
      I play on an euro site - no PTR.
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      delete this post, missclicked
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Then don't steal from them until you can determine their ranges.
    • jecis4
      jecis4
      Bronze
      PTR - http://www.pokertableratings.com/
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Dont know much about SH, I play at NL25 FR SSS and I would recomend you not to loosen up too much against them.
      Learn to play with stats, if you play without them, they will improve your stealing game tremendously.
      Without stats and against unknown oponenst steal with 77+, AJ+ if you they re-steal go AI with 99+ and AJ+ and you should be fine.
      There are way too many oponents to track them at PTR all in my opinion.

Best regards
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      Originally posted by asmirovic
      =
      Without stats and against unknown oponenst steal with 77+, AJ+ if you they re-steal go AI with 99+ and AJ+ and you should be fine.

Wtf?? you mean unknown shortstacker? That's way too nity for SH man. I didn't ask for advice how to be a nit. If you mean against shortstacker, then I'll consider it.
      And yeah, I use stats. It is just that on nl2 and nl5 most of shortstackers were fish. I'm being able to recognize SSS'ers. And when I do, I mark them with pink color.

When there's a SSS'er in blinds, I open to 2.5bb from CO and 2bb from BU. I also open with tighter range but only call with 88+ AJ+ KQ until I get bigger sample on them. Is this ok? I often see them resteal with hand like 55 or KJ... I guess most of them are bad.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      SS = short stacker
      SSS = short stack strategy

You gave zero indication that you might be speaking about short stacking fish and every indication that you were coming up against professional short stackers.
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      SS = short stacker
      SSS = short stack strategy

You gave zero indication that you might be speaking about short stacking fish and every indication that you were coming up against professional short stackers.
      yeah, with sss'ers i mean professional short stackers. didn't know how to call them.
      and when i said that some of them are bad, i mean, they just started playing(nl10 is their first limit) so it is not surprising to see them make mistakes... or don't stick to strategy.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      These guys aren't playing a "strategy" if they are short stacking 10nl 6-max. They are just plain old fish.
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      These guys aren't playing a "strategy" if they are short stacking 10nl 6-max. They are just plain old fish.
      I think they just chose wrong room to play SSS on. On the site I'm playing there are no FR tables, only SH. Too bad for them.

They usually have stats like 18/18 with high 3bet%, and they never limp.