[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Rush Kk

• letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      UTG looks reggish. Since people are folding to 3b so so much and his 4b range going to be either polarized or simply AA I opt to call and play vs much wider range and try to induce lighter 3b from a villian behind.

I think the 4b is standard but I am not sure wether I am stacking off to a 5b?

On flop I just blockbet because like QQ/TT have sets. And then when called I plan to check/fold tbh - obv river is the dream card.

Stacks:
      UTG ($15.91)
      Hero ($16.98)
      MP1 ($20.43)
      MP2 ($10.81)
      MP3 ($5.49)
      CO ($24.83)
      BTN ($21.60)
      SB ($8.32)
      BB ($37.93)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 K:spade: K:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30, CO raises to $0.70, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2.90, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.20, UTG calls $2.20

Flop: Q:spade: 8:diamond: 10:spade: ($9.15, 3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2, CO folds, UTG calls $2

Turn: A:club: ($13.15, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: J:club: ($13.15, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero goes all-in $12.08, UTG folds
  • 7 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Come the flop it's probably correct to put your opponents on like TT+ and AKs. They probably don't give you much credit with KK because you played it so strangely, but it's unlikely they'd play weaker when so many people have raised and it's such an inflated pot. I would've 3bet and 5bet shoved there preflop (but i'm a losing player).

So, on the flop you're a massive underdog against two opponents with TT+ and AKs. 15% equity. Presumeably because you only beat JJ and AK and it's unlikely both opponents have one of these hands. So check folding is probably fine. No need to bet when one of them is basically guaranteed to have hit.

Checking the turn seems fine, although you have to put your opponent on the bottom of his range after he checks to you when such a small bet on the flop was made. On the river the shove seems fine as everything in his range is too strong to fold except for AKs.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fryandspicy
      I would've 3bet and 5bet shoved there preflop (but i'm a losing player).
      I *think* I would play that way 100bb deep but being slightly deeper setups are meaning more and pretty much all reggish villians are considering a UTG+1 3b to be AA/KK imo - in a ringgame where we can have history then ofc I can light 3b (and he sees it) so can increase my valuerange too.

I just don't want to turn my hand face up preflop lol.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      oops
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      oops
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      oops - omg i am retarded so many double posts
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by letmewinplz8

I *think* I would play that way 100bb deep but being slightly deeper setups are meaning more and pretty much all reggish villians are considering a UTG+1 3b to be AA/KK imo - in a ringgame where we can have history then ofc I can light 3b (and he sees it) so can increase my valuerange too.

I just don't want to turn my hand face up preflop lol.
      I'm with you here. 3bet from UTG+1 looks way too strong and if we just call then we can induce a reraise from another player (which is what happened int his case :) ) So preflop is nicely played IMO.

Other than that I would probably bet slightly bigger on the flop and slightly smaller on the river.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Unless I have more on UTG than just "looks reggish" I'll still 3-bet when in doubt, if he happens to be some fish we just can't pass up the opportunity to build up a huge pot against him. Also if you happen to get 4-bet at that point from these positions there is a pretty good chance you're up against AA and there is no need to felt ~150bb even with KK.

On the flop CO is obviously retarded due to his min3bet in the first place and could very well show up with Qx hands that he won't fold or all sorts of draws on that board, making it a clear value c-bet for us against him.

UTG open-raised from early position, just called a min3bet and overcalled a 4-bet. There is a decent chance he just talked himself into calling all of that with some pocket pair because of pot odds and deep stacks, and yes sometimes he'll have AA/QQ/TT. Still, to me he's got some whiffed setmining pocket pairs too often to warrant getting scared on that board when there is a fish in the pot.

I'm betting like $5.5 and calling a shove (happily against CO, reluctantly against UTG). We've got some backdoors just in case.

Hope it helps.