Poker programs and tracking

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I see this often on guides...

BB ($100) (16/12/2.0/26) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS]

What does they mean? I am pretty sure AF is aggro factor but how to get such statistics? I'm pretty sure they cost money but are they are free version? Like only "saves" the data when I play?
  • 6 replies
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      These kinds of stats come from poker software like holdem manager & Poker tracker 3. Both offer a free introductory period for you to try them out but registering after the trial does cost money
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi folks, don't forget there is also the PokerStrategy Elephant which is free!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Thanks I will check them out. Can you explain what the values means?

BB ($100) (16/12/2.0/26) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS]

Like an aggro factor of 2.0 means what? Is that a good or bad sign?
    • larvik74
      larvik74
      Bronze
      Hello :) I use Poker Office who is another poker software. Aggr. factor 2.0 means that the player raises or are the first to bet 2% of the total hand on the flop. The higher numbers are, the more aggressive player you are facing after the flop. Tight aggressive player have often numbers over 3.0

PFR are pre-flop raises. That means % of the total hands the player raises before the flop. Tight aggr. player have high numbers and passive players have lower numbers.

I think WTS are. Went To Showdowns. How often in % the player goes all the way to showdowns of total hands. Correct me if I'm have wrong here.

Another helpful numbers are SF (Saw Flop), the lower numbers, the tighter players. The higher numbers are, the more loose player you are facing.

Combine with SF, PFR, AF, WTS. will help you to analyses the player you are facing against with. Tight, lose, aggressive, passive players.
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by larvik74
      Hello :) I use Poker Office who is another poker software. Aggr. factor 2.0 means that the player raises or are the first to bet 2% of the total hand on the flop. The higher numbers are, the more aggressive player you are facing after the flop. Tight aggressive player have often numbers over 3.0

Pretty sure that AF is = (bets + raises) / calls, so that the opponent is 2 times more likely to bet or raise than he is to call.
    • larvik74
      larvik74
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure you are corect there Nivekii after i took around in Poker Office here ;)

AF is aggressive faktor and like you said, bets+raises/calls.