[NL2-NL10] Set over Set

• xJCzZ
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3, 3.
      MP1 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.25) 8, 3, A (4 players)
      BB bets $0.50, MP1 folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.75) 4 (3 players)
      BB bets $1.10, CO raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $4.30, BB calls $2.00, CO raises to $9.76, Hero calls $5.46.

River: ($25.37) 4 (3 players)

Final Pot: $25.37.
      Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, aces and fours(K A).
      Hero shows a full-house, threes full of fours(3 3).
      CO shows a full-house, eights full of fours(8 8).

CO wins with a full-house, eights full of fours(8 8).

please evaluate for me any advice would be very much apreciated thanks
  • 3 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      Pretty much crying when I call but its a cooler really. Even if CO is nit of century dunno if I can fold.
    • xJCzZ
      cheers I was thinking what can I beat but perhaps the big reraise should have raised some concern before I moved in, I was just thinking was there another way of playing it, perhaps just a cooler
    • MaestroOfZerg

Agreed, without reads it's a cooler. You can't know that CO isn't valueraising Ax against the BB fish on the turn.

If you knew CO was tight and you happened to act before him (like BB donks, you raise and CO calls or 3bet), maybe there would be room for you to fold bottom set since he's usually not showing up with two pairs combos on that board so virtually you wouldn't beat anything in his value range.

By the way, I'd usually just call the turn raise from CO, we're not really afraid of much and keeping BB in has a lot of value. Also CO could get scared by a 3bet and fold stuff like AQ, while if we just call in position we'll likely get some money money out of both of them on the river one way or another.

Hope it helps.