[NL20-NL50] AKo cold 4bet nl50

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      totally shitty spot here. against this nit, i'm up against kk+ exclusively. decided to call down because of he tanked for quite abit and hence i was pretty sure he had KK. considering that had i 4betted smaller, i would not be priced in for a call, should i always adjust my cold 4bet sizing if i would like to be inclined to call? or just call anyway with lesser than right odds?
      can we ever cold 4bet AK and fold? if yes, what situations? if all situations we should fold, would we better off cold 4betting other hands?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($56.05)
      BB ($142)
      UTG ($61.35)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      UTG+2 ($68.25)
      MP1 ($50)
      MP2 ($55.15)
      CO ($92.55)
      BTN ($60.95)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $2, fold, fold, CO calls $2, BTN raises to $8, Hero raises to $20, fold, UTG+2 raises to $68.25 (AI), fold, fold, Hero calls $36.05 (AI)

FLOP ($122) 5:diamond: 2:club: 7:diamond:

TURN ($122) 5:diamond: 2:club: 7:diamond: 8:club:

RIVER ($122) 5:diamond: 2:club: 7:diamond: 8:club: T:spade:

Hero shows K:heart: A:club:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 13.3%, Turn 6.8%)

UTG+2 shows K:club: K:diamond:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 86.7%, Turn 93.2%)

UTG+2 wins $119
  • 7 replies
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      This is easy fold even on SH tables
      and why are u 4beting so much? then u cant really fold
      I mean, I like 4bet more than codlcalling 4bet->fold->cc
      u should 4bet to like 17 and it will do the job and hten fold to shove
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      the dynamics on stars is looser, they can even cold 4bet AJs, or QQ and get it in vs 3bettor
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      the dynamics on stars is looser, they can even cold 4bet AJs, or QQ and get it in vs 3bettor
      There is a huge difference in value between AJs and QQ. if they can get it in w AJs then they should get it in w TT+ , and if they are getting it in w AJx then AK is an easy call and with ur sizing its supereasy call
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hi!

Generally against a nitty player it is shit yeah. Did u have his sqz%? But otherwise I think it is a nice spot, specially against a villain who is a sqztard and high 3b overall. Problem is if he calls and you are oop. Not really sure bout 4b sizing, I mean generally if you 4b a sqzr u go broke. Question here is do you 4b a NIT sqzr.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @theshade: yes, but obviously those are just some not so standard examples. but getting it in with AK seems to be standard. there was one instance where this reg got paranoid by my squeeze, he 4bet call with 55.

@greg: he squeeze is 4%? and with AK i have blockers with the dead money, not so bad even if i'm against KK. dead against AA though
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Do u know why it is "standard" to get it in PRE w AKo? cause of those blockers. However, its a shitty hand in terms of value

and the way u played it u have to call tha tshove even though IMO his range is AK QQ+ if he is paranoid , maaybe JJ but I actualyl doubt that

u show a lto fo strength cold4betting squeeezer wo is squeezing UTG oR (and I guess FR UTG is superstrong range??) so yea, his range is imo strong if he is thiunking a bit cause u actually hold a total button of ur range
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      depends what is utg2 stats, but I´d not never really 4-bet AK and then fold to shove
      you can maybe consider just folding pf if utg2 is tight and bu is not too loose since really hard you to get all-in there big favorite.