$12.88
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $16.47
      CO:
      $6.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 raises to $1.20, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) 3, 2, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.70, Hero raises to $3.50, MP3 raises to $8.60, Hero raises to $8.80, MP3 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($20.15) 8 (2 players)

River: ($20.15) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.15.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I'm not sure i like flat calling with jacks pre, because there are alot of flops where you don't know where you stand and without initiative will be unpleasant to play (50% of the time with jacks an overcard flops, right? and when three safe cards come, you could still be behind to QQ, KK, AA or flopped trips) Against a player who rarely three bets you should probably fold. Against a player who often three bets you should probably raise.

As played you definately have to fold post flop after you reraise and then he comes over the top. It's quite rare he'll be doing that with AK or TT. Also, i'm not sure i understand your reraise on the flop - either you have him crushed and he has only a few outs against you (so you should let him continue hanging himself) or he has you crushed (so you should try and play a small pot). Calling seems the better play.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I still call with JJ there and call a c-bet on non Axy Kxy boards for a few reasons.

First people do 3bet with AK (16 combos) and c-bet postflop quite often then give up on the turn, meaning we're still okay manoeuvering postflop against QQ+ (18 combos). Sometimes we'll also flop a set and get to stack QQ+, which is always pleasurable. So I don't like folding such a strong hand.

Yet if you choose to 4-bet instead, you basically put villain in a situation when he can screw you over really bad. He only put in a 3-bet so far and now you're asking him whether he wants to commit 90bb more, to which he can answer "yes" with AK/QQ, "no" with everything else, and since you're mostly committed you usually have to call it off really really bad against everyone except monkeys capable of 5-betting lighter than that.

On that flop I'm calling, we beat AK and other potential junk if he can have that, maybe he 3bets TT as well. Yet if we raise him he's not going to just go nuts with AK and shove over, so we'd end up against TT+ only which isn't to our advantage with JJ. You can usually count on people not barreling the turn with AK and even TT will check back a lot, so if he shoves into you or something, just fold.

Hope it helps.