$2.26
      MP2:
      $4.98
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.09
      CO:
      $2.17

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, BB calls $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) 8, J, 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0.79) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.79) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $1.92, Hero calls $1.75.

Final Pot: $4.46.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(Kd Ks).
      BB shows three of a kind, queens(Qh Th).

BB wins with three of a kind, queens(Qh Th).

Villain is unknown. Really didn't know what to do on the river, in the end, I thought his shove looked weak (no bet on turn) and put him on a missed Flush draw.

Would you have called?
  • 2 replies
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      I would have bet the turn. The only draw that got there is 9T (and QJ, Q8 made 2 pair). Other than that we can still get value from all his other draws / Qx / Jx type hands. Especially since he just called the flop and checked to you again on the turn I think we can expect to have the best hand a lot of the time here.

As played I probably wouldn't call the river. If you have a read that a player is capable of doing this with a busted draw then it's probably OK. Against an unknown I think we see a Q / slowplayed set way too often.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by SPwoodrose
      I would have bet the turn. The only draw that got there is 9T (and QJ, Q8 made 2 pair). Other than that we can still get value from all his other draws / Qx / Jx type hands. Especially since he just called the flop and checked to you again on the turn I think we can expect to have the best hand a lot of the time here.

As played I probably wouldn't call the river. If you have a read that a player is capable of doing this with a busted draw then it's probably OK. Against an unknown I think we see a Q / slowplayed set way too often.
      This. The reason you shouldn't call the river is the exact same reason why you should bet the turn: the Q hits him a lot, giving him lots of worse hands to pay off with on the turn, and lots of better hands to jam into you on the river.

Hope it helps.