This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - KK facing river shove

• KeKNoRRiS
      KeKNoRRiS
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $4.85
      SB:
      $2.32
      BB:
      $2.26
      MP2:
      $4.98
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.09
      CO:
      $2.17

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, BB calls $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) 8, J, 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0.79) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.79) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $1.92, Hero calls $1.75.

Final Pot: $4.46.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(Kd Ks).
      BB shows three of a kind, queens(Qh Th).

BB wins with three of a kind, queens(Qh Th).

Villain is unknown. Really didn't know what to do on the river, in the end, I thought his shove looked weak (no bet on turn) and put him on a missed Flush draw.

Would you have called?
  • 2 replies
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Gold
      I would have bet the turn. The only draw that got there is 9T (and QJ, Q8 made 2 pair). Other than that we can still get value from all his other draws / Qx / Jx type hands. Especially since he just called the flop and checked to you again on the turn I think we can expect to have the best hand a lot of the time here.

As played I probably wouldn't call the river. If you have a read that a player is capable of doing this with a busted draw then it's probably OK. Against an unknown I think we see a Q / slowplayed set way too often.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by SPwoodrose
      I would have bet the turn. The only draw that got there is 9T (and QJ, Q8 made 2 pair). Other than that we can still get value from all his other draws / Qx / Jx type hands. Especially since he just called the flop and checked to you again on the turn I think we can expect to have the best hand a lot of the time here.

As played I probably wouldn't call the river. If you have a read that a player is capable of doing this with a busted draw then it's probably OK. Against an unknown I think we see a Q / slowplayed set way too often.
      This. The reason you shouldn't call the river is the exact same reason why you should bet the turn: the Q hits him a lot, giving him lots of worse hands to pay off with on the turn, and lots of better hands to jam into you on the river.

Hope it helps.