Known players:
      BB = ($4.89)
      MP2 = ($2.00)
      MP3 = ($2.40)
      CO = ($4.98)
      BU (Hero) = ($2.40)
      SB = ($1.98)

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, T.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.10, CO folds, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.23) J, 8, 7 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.59) Q (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.48, Hero raises to $0.96, MP3 raises to $2.12, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.55.

Tried to float villain, but misclicked on my turn raise, making it only a min raise. When villain shoved I thought it looked really strong. (maybe AQ or KQ)

Should I have called it after putting half of my stack in? I still had the gut shot as out if I faced a better kicker or an overpair.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without the suits but I probably wouldn't have called the flop to begin with.

Villain raised to 5x preflop and then c-bet huge on a really crappy board for his range, so I'd assume right off the bat that my Tx outs are rarely good and my Q outs might not be live either.

That means we're mostly playing our gutshot against odds and the value of villain giving up on the turn, which I don't think he'll do too often after c-betting such a board. At best he'll start check/calling ugly turns and we'll have to fire twice into him to maybe bluff him off top pair+, which isn't what you should be looking to do at microstakes, people just don't fold top pairs.

As played for the same reason I'd fold the turn. We did make top pair but the board got even scarier for villain, so unless he's completely insane and decided to barrel the most awful board ever with huge bets, we're behind all the time.

Hope it helps.
    • KeKNoRRiS
      KeKNoRRiS
      Bronze
      From the few hands I played with him, he played pretty loose and raised all his pots to 5x BB and fired a c-bet all the time. I called because I had position on him and he had raised a bit too many hands in my opinion.

I agree with what you told, thanks!