[NL2-NL10] 89o in position float

• shivas80
      Decided to float on flop with pair and gutshot, then picket up some additional outs, is that turn call right?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 9.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) Q, 8, T (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.19) A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14.

River: ($0.47) 2 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.47.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      Preflop you should just fold i think.

On the flop you shouldn't float based on the 'never bluff a fish' principle. I remember running a bluff on a board with two face cards to get called by TT (beat my hand, but still pretty sickening).

When considering the call on the turn, you have to ask yourself if the villain would call a bet on the river if a fourth club hit and he didn't have a very strong club in his hand. You don't have the odds to call the bet based on the draws alone, i don't think.

On the river you need to bet. He definately isn't checking the K :club: here, probably not the J :club: either, but he might call a bet on the end with a weaker club or trips he can't bear giving up on.
    • Kaitz20
      I think better is fold that hand pf
      If you want to play then I´d prefer raising rather than limping
      Not really sure that you should flop, but since you have position I guess it is fine. I doubt he is barreling just with random hand and you can´t call river if flush completes so i think I´d prefer folding turn rather than calling unless you´re planning bluffing river