Private tourneys

• ClownTackler
      Does anybody know which poker room allows to set some free private tourneys. On sites at which I'm playing I can only make private tourneys with real money buy-in. I remember that once I was invited to a such tournament on some poker site, but I can't remember where was it... it was 2 years ago.

If anybody knows the answer I would appreciate your help.

• 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      Hi ClownTackler,

Most of the large platforms such as Stars, Full Tilt etc allow private tournaments, but they would need to be for real money. I'm not aware of any that allow play money private tournaments, this is due to the sheer logistics and admin cost of setting them up and running them.

From memory PokerStars restrict the setting up of private tournaments to those with a certain number of FPP. Can't quite remember what the minimum tournament entry/tournament fee was, but I'm sure someone will post them.

Full Tilt do not have this restriction, but would charge the usual 10% fee with $0.50 as minimum eg.... so $0.50+0.50, $1+0.50, $5+0.50, $10+1, $20+2 etc.
      Full Tilt also allow you to set up a password protected freeroll, but you must put at least $25 (real money) into the prize pool yourself.

These may have changed since I remember doing one, so always check with the platform first ;)

Like I said, I doubt you would be able to set up a nil cost/play money tournament, but by all means let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Edit: Think Stars was minimum of $0.20 fee.... so $1+0.20 probable minimum.
    • ClownTackler
      Hi Bart,

I'm playing at "Stars" for a long time and I have an option to set private tourneys. But, as you said, I can't set the tourney there for my friends who are not playing poker for real money.

Anyway, I do remember that I was playing a completely free private tourney (I was invited as a member of some non-poker related forum that doesn't exist any more). All I had to do is to go to "the site" download the client and register for an account.

But, as that was two years ago (or something like that) I really can't recall on which site that was (I only know that it was one of those "small" sites and that it was the first time that I even heard for it).

I was thinking that maybe some of you knows something about it (google search was not successful).

Anyway thanks for your effort and your kindly response. And, of course, if I get the information that I need, I will let you know here. Somebody else might find it useful too.