Love vs Money

• 38 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      obviously money because if anybody says money cant buy you love look at hugh heffner and all themn other rich ugly fuckers that have talent with them love cant get you 4 girls at te same time but money.........
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      obviously money because if anybody says money cant buy you love look at hugh heffner and all themn other rich ugly fuckers that have talent with them love cant get you 4 girls at te same time but money.........
      You're speaking about sex, not love.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      love with family & friends > money > love with wifes to be
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Depends on how much money we're talking about
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      +1
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Let's say you play NL50 bss and earn let's say 600€/month (and improving). Then your girlfriend tells you that she hates poker and doesn't trust it. She doesn't explicitly say "poker or me" but you can see there are quarrels because of poker (you playing late, disregarding her and her needs,...)

Would you resign playing poker and forget everything to strenghten your relationship?

(if somebody earns 3k$/ month no matter how much girlfriend hates poker she'll have to admit that's a "real job" and will tolerate it. On the other side the one who works for 8h and then plays poker for 4h...that's a critical case)

just my view...
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Let's say you play NL50 bss and earn let's say 600€/month (and improving). Then your girlfriend tells you that she hates poker and doesn't trust it. She doesn't explicitly say "poker or me" but you can see there are quarrels because of poker (you playing late, disregarding her and her needs,...)

Would you resign playing poker and forget everything to strenghten your relationship?

(if somebody earns 3k$/ month no matter how much girlfriend hates poker she'll have to admit that's a "real job" and will tolerate it. On the other side the one who works for 8h and then plays poker for 4h...that's a critical case)

just my view...
      something like that happened to me I'd say just one thing : if the other one doesn't respect what you are doing e.g. your activities ,so she/he doesn't respect yourself and she/he isn't for you.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Depends on how long the relationship has been going. If its a month or so then I would probably choose poker at 50NL or higher but if it's a serious relationship then probably would.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      @nopr
      And you said to her:" look sweetheart, I love you, we get along very well but if you don't stop bothering me about poker stuff this won't work."

On principle I agree with you but the trade off is sometimes not so easy. I think many poker players (not pros, I mean people with dayjobs who love playing poker) have this kind of problems because poker has some stigma which is hard to explain that poker is not roulette.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I would never last in a relationship with a girl that would try to make me quit one of my hobbies.. I'm too stubborn to ever let anyone else control something about my life...

But obviously love over money...
    • DiSpirit
      DiSpirit
      Bronze
      If you ever give up something you enjoy for a woman, you need to re-check who owns your balls
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DiSpirit
      If you ever give up something you enjoy for a woman, you need to re-check who owns your balls
      +1
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      this will never be a relevant question because if she won't accept you playing poker (assuming you're a winning player) then she's a bitch and there should be no love anyways.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Kind of a trick-question imo because yes I would give up poker for real love but if my partner would take something away from me that is one of the few passions I have in life then obv that person thinks more about him/herself then my happyness which in my eyes do not qualify as true love. :f_p:

Lucky for me, my family and friends all trust me enough to let me do what I enjoy and are not bothered by it.

If they wouldn't, I can be quite persuiative anyways :D "Mom, you're not only trying to get me to give up something that is not only earning me extra moneys, keeping me happy, allows me to travel and meet friends all over the world and really interests me but also something that has helped me grow into a very tolerant and better all-round person. What kind of mother (or whoever it is!) would do that?! *sad puppy eyes*"

Problem solved :f_cool:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      Originally posted by DiSpirit
      +1
      +2 great quote =)
    • funfunfunfun
      funfunfunfun
      Global
      Originally posted by Zheelvern
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      +1
      LOL! nice 1 :D
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      It's like saying if I would pick $100 or a bucket of KFC. I'd just take the $100 and buy the KFC myself.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      this will never be a relevant question because if she won't accept you playing poker (assuming you're a winning player) then she's a bitch and there should be no love anyways.
      This. I recently broke up with someone on that logic.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      It's like saying if I would pick $100 or a bucket of KFC. I'd just take the $100 and buy the KFC myself.
      hahahaha, best analogy for women ever :D

*noted*