Awesome Stud video!!

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Thanks and major kudos to rainman on his latest Stud video.

All his videos have been great.

I've played stud a long while, but this last video finally made a bunch of things make sense, and improved my play in a lot of situations vastly.

So either I was lucky or illuminated by the video but I immediately proceeded to crush a Stud hi 0.10/0.20 table, entered with $5 left with $11 after like 20 minutes. :f_cool: Definitely will keep taking some shots at Stud to see if I still win over a bigger sample. :f_p:
  • 9 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      well it's nice that at least one person has watched the Stud video. :)
      It's not the most popular topic right now, but it is important that PS builds up a database of useful videos on all topics. :)
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      the video is really good , it would be useful to get some live play micro stakes videos
    • TxPoker888
      TxPoker888
      Bronze
      You were definitely not the only one watching the video - it was great (as well as the more recent ones), and I sure hope that Rainman will produce some more soon... I am checking almost every day if a new Stud Video is out, and the wait it feels like forever.

By the way - Stud and especially Stud8 is not that much out of fashion imho, and even if it was, it would make sense to popularize it by offering some more content in this field. Holdem games are becoming harder to beat and also there is Holdem Content almost on every street corner, so this is an opportunity for Pokerstrategy to differentiate from the crowd.

Does anybody know a good place to play Stud8 live? I'd travel quite a bit for such an opportunity... ;)
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TxPoker888

Does anybody know a good place to play Stud8 live? I'd travel quite a bit for such an opportunity... ;)
      Las Vegas!
    • TxPoker888
      TxPoker888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo

Las Vegas!
      Where exactly (besides WSOP-Time of course)? I checked basically every Poker Room in Vegas, and I found some Stud Hi or Omaha Hi/Low action, but no Stud Hi/Lo 8 or better.
    • febsan
      febsan
      Black

Las Vegas!
      the commerce in los angeles. they have 2/4 to 30/60 stud every day.
    • TxPoker888
      TxPoker888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by febsan

Las Vegas!
      the commerce in los angeles. they have 2/4 to 30/60 stud every day.
      Thanks, will check that out. Just to make sure though - we are talking about Stud Hi/Lo 8 or better here? I didn't find anything on their webpage, about what they are spreading regularly. But I am not looking for 'normal' Stud Hi.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      You can always request a game in advance. Maybe ask them to spread it on a table :f_biggrin:
    • RainmanTrail
      RainmanTrail
      Basic
      Thanks for the kind words guys. I'll keep making stud content for you viewers.

As for places that regularly spread stud 8, the Commerce in LA usually has stud/8 running and if you are on the east coast, there are stud/8 games at Foxwoods. As for Europe, I don't know.