$8.81
      MP3:
      $12.00
      CO:
      $13.25
      BU:
      $13.04

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1) T, 8, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.50, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.50, MP1 calls $1.50.

River: ($7) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.
      <br />
      <b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: resultBB in <b>/var/www/v4.main/v2010.11/html/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%ED/EDB/EDB54A5B%%hand_history_ajax.html.php</b> on line <b>138</b><br />
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Preflop i put your opponent on 88+, ATs+, KJs+, QJs, JTs, AJo+. Your call is obviously fine because of the call 20 rule

On the flop, alot of his range missed, because of the high number of high unpaired cards he would likely raise with here, but even so it's very difficult to play your hand whereas any hand he hit will be clearly strong (trips, an overpair, or top pair good kicker). You also have to be scared of any overcards coming. I'd probably fold the flop. Raising immediately will make your opponent suspicious because trips have no draws to be afraid of (you should consider raising otherwise because you should be scared of overcards), and trying to float out of position is probably risky because if an overcard hits you won't know where you stand. Folding is the safe alternative.

As played you decide to start bluffing when a brick hits. I like the aggressive impulse, but then you should stop and ask yourself why. As i already mentioned, most of his hands that actually liked that flop won't have much fold equity. Trips and overpairs will very rarely be folded, top pair good kicker maybe occasionally but not much. You should either be calling down hoping he's bluffing with AK or similar (maybe you've now decided to charge him to draw to his overcards? May be worth doing), or preferably folding because he probably won't fire two bullets with nothing on an eerily dry board (I know i wouldn't fire here with AK or similar because the 4 isn't scaring away anything our opponents called the flop bet with)

Come river another brick hits and you bet again. What's he going to fold that he would call the turn with? A few of the top pairs, and probably not much else that you don't beat at showdown. On the other hand, what hands that you beat will call? None. Pointless bet, i think. Or genius read.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      interesting line
      If you think player can b/f there better hands your play is fine
      Not really sure that he´d fold better hands to that small bet on the river so if you want to fold overpairs I think you have to shove