This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 78s g/s+bdf on flop

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($54.50)
      BB ($50.75)
      UTG ($61.55)
      Hero ($74.40)
      BTN ($11.25)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 8:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, SB calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($4) 6:spade: T:heart: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4) 6:spade: T:heart: Q:heart: 5:spade:

SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

RIVER ($9) 6:spade: T:heart: Q:heart: 5:spade: K:heart:

[color=red]SB checks, Hero bets $6.50...

SB wins $20.90

villain is 24/17/1 after 180 hands. Seemed like this flop would hit villain's range quite hard so my plan was to check fold since I didn't think we had enough equity to continue. Is this reasonable? on the turn I think a call is good since we likely have 15+ outs. is our River bluff reasonable? or alternatively is it hard to represent flushes and straights since we would most likely have bet these on the flop?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      F: yes, this flop hit his range pretty hard but there are till hands that he would fold like 99- (or at least 88-, he may be stubbnorn w 99) A9x
      plus some hands cant continue on a 2nd batrll and u can barrel 20 cards or 16 if u think he may call u on obvious barrel cards

As played: U may even raise Turn and mess with his head
      when u call and he checks R I think u could bet as bluff and evenshould caus ehe may have his whole range there(took a stab) and msot of his range beats u but cant call (liek Ahi,,PPs etc.) U actually cant represent much so u wont get fodls from QX, KX or better but his range is pretty wide anyway, and I like ur sizing
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since you´d bet your flushdraw ont he flop close to 100% I think he doesn´t believe you if you bet river and would call you down with any pair
      I think raising turn is not bad idea. You have 8 high, but very strong draw and he can lead turn with garbage that he´d fold or maybe you can even force him out his Qx/Jx hand and if you miss you can either check back river or turn your hand into bluff