BTN ($11.25)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 8:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, SB calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($4) 6:spade: T:heart: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4) 6:spade: T:heart: Q:heart: 5:spade:

SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

RIVER ($9) 6:spade: T:heart: Q:heart: 5:spade: K:heart:

[color=red]SB checks, Hero bets $6.50...

SB wins $20.90

villain is 24/17/1 after 180 hands. Seemed like this flop would hit villain's range quite hard so my plan was to check fold since I didn't think we had enough equity to continue. Is this reasonable? on the turn I think a call is good since we likely have 15+ outs. is our River bluff reasonable? or alternatively is it hard to represent flushes and straights since we would most likely have bet these on the flop?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      F: yes, this flop hit his range pretty hard but there are till hands that he would fold like 99- (or at least 88-, he may be stubbnorn w 99) A9x
      plus some hands cant continue on a 2nd batrll and u can barrel 20 cards or 16 if u think he may call u on obvious barrel cards

As played: U may even raise Turn and mess with his head
      when u call and he checks R I think u could bet as bluff and evenshould caus ehe may have his whole range there(took a stab) and msot of his range beats u but cant call (liek Ahi,,PPs etc.) U actually cant represent much so u wont get fodls from QX, KX or better but his range is pretty wide anyway, and I like ur sizing
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since you´d bet your flushdraw ont he flop close to 100% I think he doesn´t believe you if you bet river and would call you down with any pair
      I think raising turn is not bad idea. You have 8 high, but very strong draw and he can lead turn with garbage that he´d fold or maybe you can even force him out his Qx/Jx hand and if you miss you can either check back river or turn your hand into bluff