BSS hand chart inconsistency ?

• Blueemonk
      Blueemonk
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have learned poker recently and I become more and more addicted!

I have been using the starting hand chart religiously. However, I have found some inconsistencies within it.

For KQs/All player fold (AF)/Middle position (MP) the chart advises to fold, but for KQs/One player called (OC)/MP the chart advises to call. This is not very logical as the odd that the opponent has a better hand increased when he calls.

Same thing for T9s-54s/AF/MP the chart advises to fold, but for T9s-54s/OC/MP the chart advises to call? I believe there is a flaw here as well.

Thanks in advance for your help

Rgds,

BM
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Limpers don't usually have good hands. Yes, you see some limped AA sometimes but generally speaking limping is not strength. Other that that KQs is a suited connector with very good high card value. T9s and lower suited connectors are also good in multiway pots because they run OK against any hand and have good implied odds. If you have not read the article on odds and outs please do. It is vital. Good luck and if you have any another questions feel free to ask!
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Blueemonk,

Thank you for your thoughts to the starting hand chart.

I moved your thread to our No Limit Strategy Discussion forum. There you will receive a better answer.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Blueemonk
      Blueemonk
      Bronze
      Thanks Emanuel C16 but you don't really reply to my question or maybe I don't understand your answer :)

IMO it is not logical to fold when all players fold in middle position and to call with exactly the same cards in exactly the same position when someone call before you.

Anyone else?

BM
    • dcmcfyl
      dcmcfyl
      Bronze
      It has to do with implied odds. It's not worth it to invest one big blind into the pot with speculative hands with suited connectors if no one else has entered the pot as there are less people to potentially pay you off you happen to hit big with your suited connectors. Also, if you limp in behind another limper, the players that are left to act need more strenght to raise your limp, so you are more likely to see a free flop.