[NL2-NL10] 66 in SB vs reg NL10

• miropro
      miropro
      Bronze
      Villain is 13/10 regular on Pokerstars NL10, not sure if he was just using his position knowing my play or really had better hand, decided to fold.
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($10)
      BB ($10.25)
      UTG ($10.15)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($6.14)
      MP3 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      Button ($10.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.70, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.60, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.70) 3, 4, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, MP1 calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.10) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, MP1 raises to $6, Hero folds

Total pot: $10.10 | Rake: $0.49

Results below:
      MP1 didn't show
      Outcome: MP1 won $9.61
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Preflop i'd just complete with 66 here and hope to see a flop.

When a tag reg limps from MP1 he has pocket pairs probably 90% of the time, depending on the stats of the guys left to act. I'd put him on any pocket pair. When he calls your raise he may decide to call with some of the higher pocket pairs because they're too strong to fold with (nines, maybe?) or he may just be calling with any pocket pair if he knows you're capable of folding. He doesn't have call20 here. If you have him pegged as a decent reg maybe we can put him on a very tight range here. Maybe JJ(?), TT(?), 99, 88. That said maybe he had some kind of genius masterplan based on the two posters behind him that meant he limped with stronger hands than usual assuming someone would raise for the dead money, or weaker hands than usual assuming he'd see a large multiway pot. Whatever, i like my range even though in reality it's ridiculously small.

Come flop, the cbet is probably not so good (now we know his range) unless you know he can fold middle pair to x number of bets and you're willing to make that many bets. Even if we put him on the wider any pocket pair range, you're still asking him to lay down middle pair to just one weak overcard most of the time.

Come turn, you can assume the villain knows a ten is rarely in your range here. You aren't raising with an unpaired ten in your hand from the SB too often i hope (maybe AT but not much more). So it's not a good card to bet unless you assume his call of the cbet was just stubbornness. You obviously have no showdown value versus his range, and probably have little fold equity versus his range, so you should just check and hope the river is an ace or a six and he lets you get to it. As played definately fold because even if he doesn't have a queen or a ten in his hand (quite likely) he has you beat with any pocket pair except 22 and 55.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      not really sure why regular are limping with MP, I guess he has there some kind of pp if he lim/calls and unless he has there set he should fold to turn barrel
      So nh :)