This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

THeGaME23's Poker Comeback (Chris Ferguson Challenge)

• THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Hey guys decided to write my first blog to help keep me motivated and to track my progress. So here goes:

Last year I heard about pokerstrategy through poker forums and decided to check it out. I ended up getting the starting bankroll of $50 on Full Tilt and started right away playing SSS. Without much trouble I made my way up the ranks and within a month I had a bankroll of around $400 and was playing .10/.25 stakes doing quite well with semi advanced SSS.

Then one day after watching Isuldur and Durrr/ Antonious at the HU tables playing for millions I thought I would try my hand in HU NL50 Cash games. Yeah bad idea, not nearly enough bankroll or experience. So I thought I was playing decently and ended up getting dirtied with KK for a $100 pot. And from there I went on tilt trying to get it back and lost all my money. After that I just deleted all poker sites from my computer and left online poker up until a couple of weeks ago.

So 2 weeks ago I decided that I wanted to get back into online poker, but without depositing. So I thought I would take the Chris Ferguson challenge and try to go from $0 to $10,000. I think my 5th freeroll I came 9th out of 7500 and won $4.50 which was obviously a good result. So I went to the .01/.02 tables and had I not been playing for a while I was unaware of the no 20bb buy in rule on regular tables. So I ended up sitting down with a dollar on 3 tables and getting dirtied on all 3, losing everything once again.

So 3 days ago I came 11th out of 2700 in the Canada Freeroll and won $2. After trying again to build it up playing .01/.02 my patience was just not there and I knew it. Ended up losing $1 and basically said F it and put the other dollar in the Daily Dollar rebuy. Which I did very well in coming 37th out of 5000 even though I bought in an hour late, and never rebought or added on.

So I won $29 in that tournament and immediately knew that I wanted to do something other than SSS. So I thought about BSS for a while but ended up going with Sit N Go's because I feel that I am a good torunament player and SnG's are a litte similar to a final table in a MTT. So I watched some SnG videos on here (thanks PS :) ) and read the articles. And now 2 days later my BR is $50.35 from the $0.00 it was just 3 days ago. So now im back to a new beginning in online poker and now that I have a lot more experience and knowledge. I hope that in the near future i'll be able to see $10,000 in my Cashier :D .

But obviously thats a long, long ways away and right now im just taking it easy crushing the $1 sit n go's. Eager to get past this 20% rake :s_mad: , but still i'm going to stick to the 50BI rule.

So heres my first graph of september:

And thats it for now. Ill update it fairly soon hopefully all the way to $10,000.

September 5th BR: $50.35
  • 4 replies
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      Gl! Brm is the way u should go!
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jhustincase
      Gl! Brm is the way u should go!
      Thanks. Yeah for sure I know too all too much about BRM after that blow up last year to be foolish enough to step out of bounds again.

Also whats a good MTT BRM? I'm guessing 100 BI's? I think for now I will just accumulate FTP's through SnG's and use the FTP's to buy $1 Tournament tickets with 225FTP and play the Daily Dollar Rebuy with that.

Also I highly recommend the Daily Dollar Rebuy it's $10,000 guarenteed and very soft/ not too many people like the regular Daily Dollar (which is still a good deal though).
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      First Update.

So after my last update I've learned how sick turbo SNG's can be and I lost about 25BI's in a couple of days. After that I grinded NL2 BSS for a while and got back to around $50. Since then i've been playing a little NL2 but mostly playing MTT's. Not too many big scores..

But recently i've been playing Rush tournaments and I think i've found my niche. I really like them because a lot of fish play them and they are pretty quick to finish. Also I think they suit my playing style well. I tend to play kind of a TAG style and incorporate ICM into the later stages pretty well. I played a bunch of normal 1 and 2 dollar rush rebuy tournaments and did pretty well in a couple getting around $60 for both.

And I just started playing the $4.40 sit n go Rush turbos and wow I think i'm on a heater. I played around 5-6 and i've final tabled 2 coming 2nd ($97.50) and 5th ($40.20). The one I came 2nd on I lost 2 flips when I was ahead heads up and lost. Then where I came 5th I was first to act and I went all in with AK (5 handed and I was low since the blinds go up 3 minutes) and a guy had AA and oh well.

So yeah I think that obviously i'm on a heater but I really like them so far they seem really fishy. Hopefully I can continue and build this BR into a substantial one.

BR: $160
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Hmmm those 4.40 rush tournaments eat up cash like crazy I think I would need a bigger bankroll since they are 3 minute blinds.

Lost a bit of my roll though the last few days with only 1 second place finish and losing $40 trying to satellite into a $20 buy in tournament (lol im retarded).

BR: $110