THeGaME23's Poker Comeback (Chris Ferguson Challenge)

• THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Hey guys decided to write my first blog to help keep me motivated and to track my progress. So here goes:

Last year I heard about pokerstrategy through poker forums and decided to check it out. I ended up getting the starting bankroll of $50 on Full Tilt and started right away playing SSS. Without much trouble I made my way up the ranks and within a month I had a bankroll of around $400 and was playing .10/.25 stakes doing quite well with semi advanced SSS.

Then one day after watching Isuldur and Durrr/ Antonious at the HU tables playing for millions I thought I would try my hand in HU NL50 Cash games. Yeah bad idea, not nearly enough bankroll or experience. So I thought I was playing decently and ended up getting dirtied with KK for a $100 pot. And from there I went on tilt trying to get it back and lost all my money. After that I just deleted all poker sites from my computer and left online poker up until a couple of weeks ago.

So 2 weeks ago I decided that I wanted to get back into online poker, but without depositing. So I thought I would take the Chris Ferguson challenge and try to go from $0 to $10,000. I think my 5th freeroll I came 9th out of 7500 and won $4.50 which was obviously a good result. So I went to the .01/.02 tables and had I not been playing for a while I was unaware of the no 20bb buy in rule on regular tables. So I ended up sitting down with a dollar on 3 tables and getting dirtied on all 3, losing everything once again.

So 3 days ago I came 11th out of 2700 in the Canada Freeroll and won $2. After trying again to build it up playing .01/.02 my patience was just not there and I knew it. Ended up losing $1 and basically said F it and put the other dollar in the Daily Dollar rebuy. Which I did very well in coming 37th out of 5000 even though I bought in an hour late, and never rebought or added on.

So I won $29 in that tournament and immediately knew that I wanted to do something other than SSS. So I thought about BSS for a while but ended up going with Sit N Go's because I feel that I am a good torunament player and SnG's are a litte similar to a final table in a MTT. So I watched some SnG videos on here (thanks PS :) ) and read the articles. And now 2 days later my BR is $50.35 from the $0.00 it was just 3 days ago. So now im back to a new beginning in online poker and now that I have a lot more experience and knowledge. I hope that in the near future i'll be able to see $10,000 in my Cashier :D .

But obviously thats a long, long ways away and right now im just taking it easy crushing the $1 sit n go's. Eager to get past this 20% rake :s_mad: , but still i'm going to stick to the 50BI rule.

So heres my first graph of september:

And thats it for now. Ill update it fairly soon hopefully all the way to $10,000.

September 5th BR: $50.35
  • 4 replies
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      Gl! Brm is the way u should go!
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jhustincase
      Gl! Brm is the way u should go!
      Thanks. Yeah for sure I know too all too much about BRM after that blow up last year to be foolish enough to step out of bounds again.

Also whats a good MTT BRM? I'm guessing 100 BI's? I think for now I will just accumulate FTP's through SnG's and use the FTP's to buy $1 Tournament tickets with 225FTP and play the Daily Dollar Rebuy with that.

Also I highly recommend the Daily Dollar Rebuy it's $10,000 guarenteed and very soft/ not too many people like the regular Daily Dollar (which is still a good deal though).
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      First Update.

So after my last update I've learned how sick turbo SNG's can be and I lost about 25BI's in a couple of days. After that I grinded NL2 BSS for a while and got back to around $50. Since then i've been playing a little NL2 but mostly playing MTT's. Not too many big scores..

But recently i've been playing Rush tournaments and I think i've found my niche. I really like them because a lot of fish play them and they are pretty quick to finish. Also I think they suit my playing style well. I tend to play kind of a TAG style and incorporate ICM into the later stages pretty well. I played a bunch of normal 1 and 2 dollar rush rebuy tournaments and did pretty well in a couple getting around $60 for both.

And I just started playing the $4.40 sit n go Rush turbos and wow I think i'm on a heater. I played around 5-6 and i've final tabled 2 coming 2nd ($97.50) and 5th ($40.20). The one I came 2nd on I lost 2 flips when I was ahead heads up and lost. Then where I came 5th I was first to act and I went all in with AK (5 handed and I was low since the blinds go up 3 minutes) and a guy had AA and oh well.

So yeah I think that obviously i'm on a heater but I really like them so far they seem really fishy. Hopefully I can continue and build this BR into a substantial one.

BR: $160
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Hmmm those 4.40 rush tournaments eat up cash like crazy I think I would need a bigger bankroll since they are 3 minute blinds.

Lost a bit of my roll though the last few days with only 1 second place finish and losing $40 trying to satellite into a $20 buy in tournament (lol im retarded).

BR: $110