Stats advice

• YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Hey guys!
      I don't know if that's the place for that. I tried asking about this on my blog but since nobody really reads it and I'd like some help I'll post here :)

What do you think about these stats and the graph?
      (Let me just say that the huge difference between All in EV and the green line is mostly due to 3 hands:

1) We got the money in on the KJT flop with a FD, I had TT, he had Q9 and was a very loose/aggressive player so I wasn't laying that down and I drew out

2nd) one where I won with KK vs AA all in preflop

3rd) where I won the biggest pot I've played, all in preflop with over 270bb. I won almost a whole stack from him on the previous hand by overbetting and he called (kinda humiliating/irritating), plus he had lost like 30bb the hand before that so I figured he was tilted. He 3bet my QQ, then pushed after my 4bet and I called with QQ, he had AK and my QQ held up). I really don't know if that was a good play, so deep stacked... I'm not sure for the first hand either)

I guess the non-showdown winnings, or should I call them losses, are way too high. How do I remedy that? Play less hands? And I also don't understand why PT says my winrate is exactly half of what it actually is...guess I'm missing something.
  • 7 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      I guess the non-showdown winnings, or should I call them losses, are way too high. How do I remedy that?
      You are cold calling too much. The spread between your VPIP and PFR are a bit too high. (Particularly at 5nl.)

Be careful of focusing on stats and trying to modify your game to fit some sort of ideal. You are already winning so make very very small adjustments.

And I also don't understand why PT says my winrate is exactly half of what it actually is...guess I'm missing something.
      BB/100 = Big Bets per 100
      bb/100 = Big Blinds per 100

If you want bb/100 instead you can just modify the stat or create a new one.
    • mariaprodanova
      mariaprodanova
      Bronze
      imo 85% PFR/VPIP isnt too wide. but thats just my opinion :)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mariaprodanova
      imo 85% PFR/VPIP isnt too wide. but thats just my opinion :)
      Even at the micros? I'm opening raising things like 22 for value so maybe that's the difference. I might want to go check and see how that's working out for me. :f_p:

I know I've heard in 6max that you want your gap to be between 2-3 and his is 4 so that's why I brought it up. Different training site though so I can't site sources. (I think?)
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I don't know really...maybe if I were playing like...16/11 a 5% gap would be too wide, but at 22-23/18...I don't know.

I will have it in mind and think about my cold calling ranges and what I can change there. But I kinda doubt that's the only cause for my huge nonshowdown losses.

Btw I can't seem to find a bb/100 stat in PT3, I don't think it differentiates between BB and bb, it's all capital Bs
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      You call too much in the blinds, since your fold sb and bb to steal is very low but your 3b is low aswell.
      Then, it seems you proceed to call cbet a lot, 46% fcb is very little especially on low micros. I would guess you call in the blinds, c/call oop and end up losing the pot later. These two combined are a pretty big leak.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      Btw I can't seem to find a bb/100 stat in PT3, I don't think it differentiates between BB and bb, it's all capital Bs
      You can make just about any stat you want. Just duplicate the BB/100 stat and adjust it to divide by the big blind instead.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      3bet more against the weak-tight regs! Dunno if it's advisable, but it sure is fun.

Also, on the micro limits (based on my experience at NL2 on titan) almost nobody 3bets without a strong hand, so you need to fold more than you do to a 3bet, probably. Especially considering your PFR. (calling/4betting with top 6% of hands is too loose against nits.)