SnG pro in training

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I have decided to return to William Hill because the Europoker software was running really slow and was stuck a lot of the times.

William Hill has improved there software which looks a lot better and I haven't had disconnection problems so far. the software does run really slow every time a new table start which most of the time mean I will run out of time on the rest of the tables. it might also be because my computer is getting slower and that is why I am planning to get a new one this month.
  • 32 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Is any traffic at $33's on william hill?? and are these turbos or normal speed??
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      @ Hlynkinn: William Hill doesn't come close to sites as poker stars, full tilt and party poker as it comes to traffic. At the low times you have to wait for the $ 11 SnG to start but in the high times you will be able to load a couple of $ 33 SnG up per hour. If you come higher then $ 33 there is almost no traffic when I played a few of those there with a aggressive brm I could play maybe 2 $ 55 a day at most.

What I often do is that I play more limits so that I still be able to play a fair amount of games a day.

There are a lot of variants at william hill

normal: 10 man SnG 9 min blinds
      turbo: 10 man SnG 4 min blinds
      superturbo: 10 man SnG 1 min blinds

there are double stack, 6-max SnG's and mt SnG but I have no idea how the traffic is with thise
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      hi

I am sorry for not updating this blog for a while.

It was my intention to start playing for a couple of hours a day and analysing my game.

Unfortunatly my computer has been running really slow ever since it had a virus ever after I had it repaired. to give you an example: I was In a hand where I had KK on the button blind 20/40 and have 1670 in chips and the hi-jack raised raised to 120 and I made a reraise to 360 the small blind fold and the big blind calls and the initial raiser folds the flop is 4d10cQd the pot is 840 the bb check I make it 600 and he shoves and my pokersoftware froze and I end up folding my hand with 710 chips left. That is why I have not been playing often because this happens a lot and it pretty - EV if the software keeps freezing.

So if all goes well I will be getting my new PC next week and hopefully that will solve the problem. But since I am paying from my bankroll I will have to move back to the $ 11 SnG's
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I am playing at Full Tilt with a tight brm on the $ 6,5 SnG's and have deceded to focus on my SnG game so far I have been going really, really bad the last week :s_cry: .

So far I really can't find any big mistakes in my game. But if anyone wants to help me by offering a sweetsession or looking at my handhistory I would highly appriciate it.

Goals November

* play 1500 SnG's in november

* play at least a 1000 $ 6,5 SnG before moving up

* move down when bankroll goes under $ 650

* move up when roi is at least more then 5 % before moving up
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Blahhh gross downswing dude.
      I'll review with you sometime next week if you want :)
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      @ gedwashere91: I would like that. my skype is sirilidion so please add me and we can pick a moment when we can look at my games

I'm still running pretty bad the first session was going well with 2 3rd places and a 1first but the second session whened horrible wrong in 3 of the games I push all-in and get called by the worst hand only to get sucked out on. in 1 game and needed to push loose only to see someone wake up with QQ behind be another where I make a standard push from the button with Q10s for 7 bb only to get called by the sb with JJ in and failed to suck out. in the last game utg pushes with 6 bb mp2 calls with 6 bb and I call with JJ. utg has 22 and mp1 has AK flop Q66 turn 4 river K :s_mad: . And so I get an other set with 0 itm out of 6 :s_cry:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Good luck Sir,

I'm also happy to sweat/review sometime too if it helps. As you know I don't get a great deal of spare time at the moment, but give me a shout when I'm "Green" status on skype some time ;) .

Ironically, I'm moving in the opposite direction personally spending less time on stt's and more on micro mtt's.

Good luck buddy, there's no-one I would like to see succeed at this more than your good self.

Best regards,

Bart
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I have decide that I will at least update this blog once a week with results and events in that week.

This week I have finally figured out why my HUD wasn't showing any stats and so now I can use them again :) . I also downloaded the trail version of tableninja and am now cascading sets of 12.

I don't have many experience with cascading so I will have to find out if it is for me.

The advantages that cascading has above titling is:

1. you can play many tables on a small screen
      2. you won't have time to see the bad beats

disadvantages of cascading:

1. you have no time to see the action around the table so you won't be able to get solid reads

because of this you have to get you reads from the hud so I am glad I can use that now

tableninja is making grinding pretty easy with: automatic registration, standard betsizes, hotkeyes for betting,calling,checking and all-in, automaticly activates timebank and automaticly pushes I'm back when you didn't make a move in time. I did discover a disadvantage of this program because it very easy to exadetly push the wrong hotkey and instead of folding pushing all-in or the other way around :f_cry: . I already happened to me at least 2 times so I need to be more careful in the future :f_p:

I was going to tell you all how I had come back from my downswing because this afternoon after 2 great session and 1 small losing session I was finally out of the red. But this evening when I decided to play 1 session of 15 SnG's things whened horrible wrong because I lost 14 of them and only made it 3rd in the last one.

after I analysed that last session I saw I made a few small mistakes which I normally don't do but overall I was getting pretty unlucky with a lot of dry streaks, running into monsters when pushing or calling and getting sucked out while failing to suck out myself :s_mad: .

so after a week of play I have:

SnG's: 266
      ROI: -7.7 %
      profit: - $ 130.60

The good news is that is I calculated correctly I will have earned enough strategypoints to get gold status and I really am looking forward to some of the jonathan little video's I couldn't watch from the last couple of months :s_love:
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      an other dissapointing week. on top of my downswing still going strong I had a session where it was going pretty good till my computer froze in the midst of the push and fold fase and I ended up slighly loosing that session. also when I started 14 SnG's up friday there was a problem with my tableninjaft though to the new full tilt update and the timer was disabled and random table keep popping up where there wasn't even my turn this also caused for a bigger loosing session then I probably would have had :( . after this I have gone back to playing sets of 6 tiling at least till I am sure everything is fine again.

this evening I had a sweatsession with jbpatzer where we both played a session and tried to see if we might see some big leaks in our game. While we didn't find any leaks we did come to the conclusion that we were running pretty bad :D . It was pretty fun and hopefully we can do this more often.

week 2 results:

SnG's: 317
      ROI %: - 4.5 %
      Winnings: - $ 93.10
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      This week someone in the micro SnG chat tipped me to play regular SnG and considering my turbo's weren't really running well I gave it a try. So I am started to play the $ 11 SnG's and noticed immediatly the lake of regulars and the willingness of the fish to stake of early :D . With this all I also ran pretty good and so been a nice week for me :s_love: .

results:

games: 160

64 $ 6,5 turbo SnG's/ ROI % 5.1 % / result $ 21.40
      96 $ 11 SnG's / ROI 28.7 % / result $ 303
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      :f_thumbsup:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Yes, I too always preferred the non-turbos, less of a push/fold lottery imo.

Great blog and nice work Sir, keep it going ;)

Bart
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      At the end of the month already :) .

Got a private coaching with lessthenthree and I was to say he is awesome :s_cool: .
      I learned some nice things from him and saw a huge improvement in my game almost direct after that.

I managed to get gold in this month and only got 1014 games. This includes some HU SnG's that where needed to complete a challenge.

I decided to use a 70 bi brm for the regular SnG's since they seem to have less varience then the turbo.

I did decide however to mix a few $ 22 games in my sessions and so far don't really see a huge differ in diffilculty with the $ 11

overall
      games: 1014
      ROI %: 3.5 % EV ROI %: 7.1 %
      winnings: $ 301.11 EV winnings: $ 603.01

$ 6,5 turbo SnG's
      played: 626
      ROI %:- 4.2 % EV ROI % : 0.5 %
      winnings: -$ 170.60 EV winnings: $ 18.66

$ 11 SnG's
      played: 306
      ROI % 10.9 EV ROI %: 14.1 %
      winnings: $ 367.71 EV winnings: $ 474.86

$ 22 SnG's
      played: 26
      ROI %: 29 % EV ROI % 21.2 %
      winnings: $ 166 EV winnings: $ 121.08

HU SnG's
      played: 51
      ROI % - 6.8 % EV ROI % - 1.9
      winnings: - $ 30.50 EV winnings: - $ 8.64
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      I didn't know u had a blog :) Glad i found it! Nice to see the $11s worked out for you in the end, U can thank me when you're shipping millions ;)

Remember that even normal STTs are affected by variance so be careful when stepping up early. I guess the BR is no problem though :)
      GL, c ya in micro chat
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Sorry for not posting for so long but I seem to be in a really long pokernightmare :f_cry: . This is what has been happening to me the last couple of months :(

because of this I had to move down all the way to the $ 6,5 turbo's :f_cry:

lessthenthree told me that my downswing was one of the largest stt downswing he ever saw. I always wanted to be among the top in something but one of the largest downswing really wasn't what I was looking for :( .

But I try to think positive and keep making playing my A-game.

Also I try to set myself a challenge today to play 100 SnG's today while let you guys ( and girls) know if I made it and how it whened.
    • fluffykiller
      fluffykiller
      Bronze
      Keep up playing mate! Don't give up!

Waiting for the results!
    • DucksEatFish
      DucksEatFish
      Bronze
      Wow, brutal graph! Keep on going and I'm sure it Will turn around:)
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      goodluck bud!
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      As with many things in life i Fail this challenge ( that sounded a bit to dramatic :P ). playing a 100 SnG a day seemed like a nice challenge but is quite a hard challenge for me to complete because of a tiny 17 inch widescreen :( I have to work with and because I think playing cascading would decrease my ROI % to much ( Also getting destracted by Youtube video and stuff doesn't help ^^ :p).

With this is mind I can play 6 games fortgoing or in sets. A set of 6 games take about 40 min which would mean I would have to play 17 sets in a day so a total of 680 min or 11 hours and 20 min of poker in a day and although I think this is quite possible to do I rather don't feel like doing this today. Sorry! :D

However I suretantly want to try this again in the future with a more persistant atitude :] or a bigger monitor :P

on a brighter note I did to rather well however with a small sample of 36 SnG's today earning myself a rather nice $ 73.80.

today's roi %: 31.5 %
      ITM %: 44.4 %