[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - QJo BB vs BU

• StaticMoth
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 7, T, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.6) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.50, Hero raises to $6.88, BU calls $4.38.

River: ($17.36) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BU raises to $16.37(All-In), Hero calls $10.37.

Final Pot: $50.1.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Qh Jc).
      BU shows a pair of eights(8h Ac).

Hero wins with a pair of jacks(Qh Jc).

Villain is a 20/17/2AF/18% steal over 98 hands = which makes my play kinda bad I guess, but I did not have the stats during the play and I put him on A :club: x ...

My flop call is standard imo, turn check-raise might not be such a good idea as I should be aiming for pot control when that card falls?

His turn bet/call and river shove on a blank is either the nuts or nothing ...
      In case he had the nut flush or even 2nd nut, he should be shoving the turn since the board is super wet and I could be calling with all sorts of stuff ... Might have a set that would pay him off there or maybe even a straight with some single club as a "redraw" that'd pay him off, and if another club hits on the river he might not get paid off as nicely as on the turn or if he has the 2nd nut flush, he wouldn't be lovin' it either.

So I put him on the missed A :club: and made a weak bluff inducer 1/3 pot bet

Any solid logic to be found here? :f_biggrin:
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      c/c that flop is fine, although I also don´t mind lead
      I think c/r turn is not the best idea. You´re oop and basically hoping he is folding there better hands or calling with worse hands
      I think best is just c/c turn and then going to showdown
      This way you can let him bluff and don´t have to worry getting 3-bet or playing big pot on the river
      If you think he called A high flushdraw on the turn then better is c/c river to let him bluff his busted draw rather than b/c where you´re very often beat