Limit MTT

• IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      I'd like some general info on Limit MTTs. I'm a limit cashgame player so I do get the general idea of how to play Limit Hold'em. But I do realise in tournament there should be completely different dynamics. How to save bets, which spots to be aggressive and where to be passive? How different should you play in comparison to cashgames, etc.

Rumour has it we have a coach final tabling a LHE WSOP event, so I hope I get some feedback ;) ;)
  • 4 replies
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Is there antes involved in those mtts?

If not, i think it just stays the same dynamic, the only difference will be the akward stack sizes, bubble factor etc.
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      I don't have any experience with them, but maybe not chasing marginally profitable situations for big portion of stack could be a good idea?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Is there antes involved in those mtts?

If not, i think it just stays the same dynamic, the only difference will be the akward stack sizes, bubble factor etc.
      No antes, but fold equity is a bit different I'd guess?? I'm interested in anyone with some knowledge on these from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Played the tournament, had a huge edge and busted early :/

Its harder to play here if you dont hit anything. And when I hit 2 pair I ran into a flush. Was short for the whole tourney and busted w top pair vs overpair