Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: €121.91
      BTN: €49.17
      SB: €52.00
      BB: €51.50
      Hero (UTG): €53.02

SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has A:spade: Q:heart:

Hero raises to €2.00, fold, fold, SB raises to €6.50, fold, Hero calls €4.50

Flop: (€13.50, 2 players) K:diamond: 8:club: J:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (€13.50, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      SB bets €7.50, Hero calls €7.50

River: (€28.50, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets €18.00, SB calls €18.00

Villain is VP:16/PR:12/AFq:43 over 1600 hands.

Ok Villain is tight and I only called because IP. I was being cautious then.
      That is why I check behind on the flop.

Once he checked the river I thought :He checked flop, bet 1/2 pot on the turn and check river, he must have a not too strong hand so I can take the pot down.
      Therefore I decided to bluff river with a value bet looking bet.
  • 4 replies
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      IMO he is going to ch/c a lot on R caus e he is playin for pot control and he would prob barrel his air
      but yeam he doenst have a strong hand but u dont have a strong hand in ur range either so he will surely call with any JX there so if u want him to call then overbet and he would havea hard timecalling w midpair and IMO no one is able to call that on NL50 unless they are steaming
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      he would probably barrel his air - I agree
      Don't I represent AdQd, AdJd ?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      your bet sizing has to rep Adxd. and it is tough since is a very narrow range, and i agree that overbetting on river has higher probability of success. i think if he 3bets tight, he probably has QQ, sometimes AK(paranoid player), in this spot and is unlikely to fold to your river bet. not sure if he can call Jx though.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 16/12 I think it is fold pf but 5 handed I guess call is also fine
      You have showdown value with A high so you can also check back and not really sure if he fold there pair against you, since you didn´t really bet on the flop and just called turn and not really sure that you´d bet there Aj or smt for value

If you want to make fold his hand then little better option would be bet/bet/shove if he checks to you or maybe bet/bet/check if you don´t see him folding to your river shove although since backdoor flush completed he may easily fold there QQ or AJ. Also you can raise by reping slowplayed set on the flop and then give up if called and last but not least. Players also tend to fold against overbet shoves on the river, since then you rep exactly backdoor flush or maybe set and then hero call is a lot harder than calling 18$valuebet