[NL2-NL10] TPTK vs 2 players

• OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      yeah maybe its not a preflop 1st in raise, but I wonder, without any stats on the players, does anyone of you ever shoves this ? for me it was a very instant fold..

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.83
      UTG1:
      $5.37
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $12.05
      MP1:
      $11.31
      MP2:
      $7.90
      MP3:
      $6.36
      CO:
      $10.47
      BU:
      $12.07
      SB:
      $16.25

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T, A.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.2) T, 2, 5 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP3 folds, SB calls $0.70, BB raises to $3.00, Hero folds, SB calls $2.30.

Turn: ($7.9) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $6.53, SB calls $6.53.

River: ($20.96) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.96.
      Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, tens and fives(K T).
      SB shows two pairs, eights and fives(8 9).

BB wins with two pairs, tens and fives(K T).
  • 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Bet/fold looks good. wp

Perhhaps a little loose, but I think if you're competent at handreading and postflop its viable imo. But its a raise i'd from in from time to time - not standard.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      Bet/fold looks good. wp

Perhhaps a little loose, but I think if you're competent at handreading and postflop its viable imo. But its a raise i'd from in from time to time - not standard.
      This. If we're behind we're smoked and if we're ahead it's possible stuff like draws still have a lot of outs against us. SB might have been trapping as well, it's really not worth putting 120bb on the line unless you know BB can play top pairs or bluffs that fast on the flop.

After you see that showdown tho you have a lot more information about BB, thus if you get into the same kind of spot again, it's a mandatory stack off with whatever line you prefer to go with, usually just get it in on the flop to stack worse top pairs before it gets ugly.

Hope it helps.