[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - TT set on a wet board

• StaticMoth
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) Q, 7, T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.75) J (2 players)
      SB bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75.

River: ($9.25) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $6.50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.25.

Villain 25/19/AF2/19% 3bet/FvCB 0%

Any better way to play this on the turn?
      Only K9 beats me (can rule out AK from the looks of his 3betting range).
      He might have turned 2 pair or TP+oesd or TP+FD against which I should protect and raise

Or is it still better to just call and hope for the board to pair?
  • 3 replies
    • tcs35
      Hello StaticMoth,

I think pre-flop is fine, nice.

On the flop I would defiantly bet more many draws can call and you don't want to give villain a good price. He can have 89, JK, 8J, QJ, etc.

The turn is pretty tricky and you don't really want to re raise as he is going to jam a lot of hands that beat you. He is going to re raise two pairs and sets on the flop so you can eliminate them from his range unless he has QJ.

As played the river is a easy fold

Kind Regards,

• supeyrio
      i definitely would bet bigger on the flop. so many hands he can call there. i dont think he would play k9 there? probably 89. but there are so many things we beat like QJ, 77, QT, JT, whatever combo draws that he tries to price himself in, hence i would like to raise the turn and get it in.
      as played, don't think we can call the river though.
    • Kaitz20
      problem betting 1.5$ on that flop is that you also have to bet bigger with your bluffs and since I want to keep my bluffs also small at least on the flop i think that bet size is fine
      interesting turn. I think I´d raise turn and also valuebet on blank river card
      Just AK is unlikely since he´d 3-bet that pf. Not really sure he´d call pf with K9, so that leaves 98 that he may c/c flop. but also his hand range is lot two pair or pair+draw hands that would call your turn raise and I think you don´t get shoved on since you can easily raise with AK and he is drawing dead against that hand
      You can call or fold river, not really sure he´d bet river with 8, he can ahve there KQ, KJ. KT and since he´d likely not valuebet also with two pair then fold is better than call