[NL20-NL50] AQs OOP vs reg nl50

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      this guy is a winning reg with stats/20/15/4.3. when he raises there, his range is so much weighted to Ax+flushdraw como/sets/flush draws/air so i decided to call and re-evaluate the turn. turn wasn't much and i decided to throw out a feeler, which will fold his air and keep his draws in, expected his made hands to raise there which i can fold safely. when he calls, i put him on a draw and plan to call anybet on a safe river card. his shove looks so much like a bluff, since i really expected him to raise his strong made hands on the turn to protect from 2 flush draws as i think my call down plus block bet on turn look so much like i'm pricing myself in for a draw. unfortunately i got owned. what do you think of him raising his TPTK on such a board and his shove for value on the river?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($77.25)
      BB ($44.50)
      UTG ($57.80)
      Hero ($50)
      UTG+2 ($54.85)
      MP1 ($47.80)
      CO ($48.90)
      BTN ($97.55)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $1.50, UTG+2 calls $1.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) 8:heart: A:diamond: 2:heart:

Hero bets $2.50, UTG+2 raises to $8, Hero calls $5.50

TURN ($19.75) 8:heart: A:diamond: 2:heart: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $8.50, UTG+2 calls $8.50

RIVER ($36.75) 8:heart: A:diamond: 2:heart: 7:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $35, Hero calls $32 (AI)

Hero shows A:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 29%, Flop 11.9%, Turn 6.8%)

UTG+2 shows A:heart: K:spade:
      (Pre 71%, Flop 88.1%, Turn 93.2%)

UTG+2 wins $97.75
  • 2 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      well theonly draw out there he has the nut redraw so its not a scary board. If hes solid I think he has ak too much as a super nit id probly fold flop reraise but you have to take check after that
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      once he calls pf it is very standard raise, since you have there very often either draws or Ax hands that he is ahead of and it is nice balance that flop raising range with AK rather than just sets/draws and bluffs
      Don´t like your turn lead unless you know exactly that you induce shove from draws and going to b/c that bet
      I´d rather prefer check and let him either bluff his draws where I´d shove or think he has better hand and c/f my hand
      river: I guess you can call since draws missed, but he can also have there value shoving range so you can also fold. Depends on your reads if he is shoving missed draws or not