[NL2-NL10] KK.....good fold?

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

on the flop I ignored his min-bet and bet the amount I would bet after a check. On the turn I thought he might know I have something strong and I didn't think he would bluff in this spot enough times to make an all in profitable. Was folding the right decision?

Thanks for the evaluation and best wishes!

No-Limit Hold'em, $.01/$.02 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

SB ($1.92)
      BB ($2.00)
      UTG ($3.67)
      UTG+1 ($1.97)
      UTG+2 ($1.56)
      MP1 ($0.38)
      MP2 ($0.12)
      MP3 ($0.40)
      CO ($0.60) (Hero)
      BTN ($2.79)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.08,

Flop: Q:heart: , 6:spade: , Q:club: ( $0.23 )
      UTG+2 bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.17, UTG+2 calls $0.15,

Turn: A:club: ( $0.57 )
      UTG+2 bets $0.57, 1 folds,
  • 5 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pre: Ok
      Flop: Ok. His small donk/call line could be PP's + Qx.
      Turn: Donking AI on the A as a scare card, makes Ax even less likely (any Ax in his range would be very bad flop play). Ax is a very nice bluff card for you, so why dont wait and call your bluff ??? So he could take this line with PP's (only 66 and AA beats you) and Qx.
      This line looks weak to me as he would try to get you to fold.

Reads would be nice:
      Passive -> fold.
      Aggressive -> call
      Unknown -> I would call since Ax is hard to be still in his range. Qx isnt that likely too.

T.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Dback357,

Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Hi,

Pre: Ok
      Flop: Ok. His small donk/call line could be PP's + Qx.
      Turn: Donking AI on the A as a scare card, makes Ax even less likely (any Ax in his range would be very bad flop play). Ax is a very nice bluff card for you, so why dont wait and call your bluff ??? So he could take this line with PP's (only 66 and AA beats you) and Qx.
      This line looks weak to me as he would try to get you to fold.

Reads would be nice:
      Passive -> fold.
      Aggressive -> call
      Unknown -> I would call since Ax is hard to be still in his range. Qx isnt that likely too.

T.
      +1
      Thanks T., nicely said.

Usually when you have a made hand on the flop and then an overcard comes on the turn, you can still consider your hand a made hand, because it's very unlikely villain will call you with A-high on the flop. However, there are hands like 66, A6 and Qx that will beat you, but as Tampaloeres 81 said, his line looks more weak than strong.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Tampaloeres81, burek2000, thank you for the evaluation!

To Tampaloeres81- thanks, your evaluation was very reasonable. The problem is, that on Everest NL2, everything is possible. Calling the flop with for example A3o might be a bad play but on Everest, I routinely see much worse plays. The problem on Everest NL2 is (well, this is not a real problem...rather an advantage =) ) that there is a huge number of fish and I found out the hard way that they simply LOVE to play Ax (even after a pre-flop raise), because-- "if I hit, I´ll have the absolute nuts, if I don´t, I can win with A high". Not long ago, my all-in on the river was called by a fish with A high 3 kicker... :] In the past I´ve lost more than one stack against someone who instant shoved after he hit the nuts (I assumed he was bluffing). Sometimes I do the same to induce a bluff-catch move. Regardless of this, next time I´ll call...

Best wishes!
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he plays Ax like this, you've already won the money on the flop :D That he catches his A doesnt matter because of the small chance it will occur. $$$ for you in the long run.

However, if you do have reads he (dont assume others do this aswell until proven) always plays "the nuts" like this, you can safely fold ofcourse.

How many NL100+ tables are there at everest where SSS is possible? :P

T.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

now I realize I played this hand too cautiously. Partially, it was caused by the fact that during that session (in the last 10 minutes before this hand) I lost all ins with KK twice in a row and the board looked less dangerously than this one.....and I thought....he has to know I'm strong after the flop.....and he wants to put me all in regardless. Now I think, he might thought I was bluffing on the flop.

To answer your question =) .......Everest was good for short stackers, only massive multitabling was hard because of the slow software......that was untill they changed the min buy-ins. Now, you can short stack only on NL2....this is the reason why I play there. On higher limits, the min buy-in is 35bbs. NL2 is truly full of fish....I'm an inexperienced novice myself and I make lots of mistakes....despite of this, since moving down from NL10, I'm winning more than 12bbs/100 hands (9 000 hands). NL100+ must be a little bit harder to beat... :D

By the way....I've just doubled up on a guy who called me pre-flop, on the flop and called all in on the turn with K high, J kicker, no draw... :D

Best wishes!